Netatmo App in Mac App Store

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions

Should we have the Netatmo App also in the Mac App Store?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 155

cstromme

Re: Netatmo App in Mac App Store

Post by cstromme »

Here's what's already been done for the 1.1.0 release:
- Support for Snow Leopard and Lion
- Ability to specify interval time for automatic refresh (15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes or 120 minutes)
- Timestamp of measurement regardless if it's been taken the last 2 hours or not
- Removal of C and F from the menubar temperature
- Launch on login

Here's what's planned and will most likely be done this weekend for 1.1.0:
- Internationalization (French, German and Norwegian for now)
- Customizable font size (small, medium, large) for menubar measurements

Not sure about adding other weather data as that would mean I would have to go elsewhere to get it. The netatmo API doesn't provide this. In that case you could just as well install a generic weather app that resides in your menubar. I'm open to be convinced that this is a good idea though, so give me your arguments if you have any.

I will probably add graphs with historic data at some point, but I'm not sure when that'll be right now, so I don't want to make any promises.
Una Real

Post by Una Real »

Excellent - but 1.1.0 isn't in the App Store yet - any timeline for that?
cstromme

Post by cstromme »

Hopefully I'll be able to finish it this week and submit it to Apple, meaning it'll probably be in the App Store some time next week.
robertmm

Post by robertmm »

For me, just having quick access to a forecast URL would suffice. I always go to http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... YZ&etc&etc

Another suggestion would be to move the "Deauthorize" menu item into the new settings to clean up the menu.
cstromme wrote: Not sure about adding other weather data as that would mean I would have to go elsewhere to get it. The netatmo API doesn't provide this. In that case you could just as well install a generic weather app that resides in your menubar. I'm open to be convinced that this is a good idea though, so give me your arguments if you have any.

I will probably add graphs with historic data at some point, but I'm not sure when that'll be right now, so I don't want to make any promises.
dvb-projekt

Post by dvb-projekt »

Hi cstromme,

in the meantime i must reauthorize the app 3 times. :roll:

Did you have any trouble that the app do a de-authorization?
cstromme

Post by cstromme »

Hmm, I haven't experienced that here. Is it every time you start the app? Or does it suddenly lose authorization while your Mac is running?

Anybody else experiencing this?
dvb-projekt

Post by dvb-projekt »

It lose authorization. I am not sure, if it is after wake up from sleep mode.
peregrines

Post by peregrines »

WOWWW :D :D

i just was thinking about HOW GREAT it would be to have it on my mac inline with time and controls ...

... and there it is.

it looks very good (imac 27,mba 13 under mountain lion).

i love you guys :D
1l2p

Post by 1l2p »

dvb-projekt wrote:It lose authorization. I am not sure, if it is after wake up from sleep mode.
Yes, same problem here when coming out a sleep mode. Everything is fine after a new authorization process.
cstromme

Post by cstromme »

Are you guys running the app on multiple computers? I'll see if I can reproduce this here somehow, and then get a fix out with 1.1.0. Only missing the translations now before it's ready to be submitted.

Return to “General questions”