Why No Weather Alerts?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Una Real

Why No Weather Alerts?

Post by Una Real »

Aren't there supposed to be weather alerts showing up in the timeline now? My area has been under a winter storm watch for over 24 hours and a warning for 15 hours now (with a MeteoGroup Level 1 alert also) yet nothing has appeared on the Netatmo timeline. Is there a setting you need to make somewhere to see these?

Also, am curious about what improvements have been made to the forecast info with the recent updates?
Gabberkopf

Re: Why No Weather Alerts?

Post by Gabberkopf »

Some Weather alerts are preconfigured but you can change or add them under http://my.netatmo.com/ >my stations > under station settings
Krichy

Post by Krichy »

Notifications can be changed but the weather alerts are separate from the stations settings . I too have some issues with the lack of alerts and also at the end of the week there should be some highlights in the event timeline .
The metro group weather alerts are managed by that group . Also I have setup Facebook and twitter feeds but there is a distinct lack of there presence in either !!

I have posted many items outlining these topics but have had no official response .
Una Real

Post by Una Real »

Okay, I just got an alert for the most recent update to the winter storm warning. However, that was almost 24 hours after the original warning was issued. Maybe Netatmo fixed something in the interim. Or maybe these alerts just aren't very reliable. Certainly wouldn't want to depend on the Netatmo for a tornado warning!
Zonehightech

Post by Zonehightech »

Netatmo doesn't use MeteoGroup for the alerts in timeline in Europe.
For US, I really don't know.
Krichy

Post by Krichy »

They use meteo alarm , an offshoot of the meteo group
Una Real

Post by Una Real »

Just an update - things continue to go well with the alerts. They are now timely.

This is a nice feature and I really like how the alert opens within the app. Good job!

Return to “General questions”