station loose connection

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
maxosh

station loose connection

Post by maxosh »

Hi,

I have my station now for several years and from time to time it looses connection. Then I have to plug it off and on again. After this it works fine for the next several months. But its annoying, because its in a summer cottage where I'm only be once in weeks, so that I don't have any live data for weeks when I'm away. Can you figure out what it could be?

Best,
Max
pcsttourn

Re: station loose connection

Post by pcsttourn »

Hi ! Same here, the base station hangs every month. I have replaced the power supply, but the problem is still present. Firmware up-to-date (140).
dbarea

Post by dbarea »

Same problem for me. Once every a 7-10 days it happens.
maxhx

Post by maxhx »

Sane for me! In the last 2 days over 20 disconnections
sambol

Post by sambol »

I had the same problem, it took a long time to resolve it. In the end, I'm not sure what exactly the problem was, but I made these changes on my AP:

- decreased beacon interval to 50 ms
- set minimum unicast rate to 1 Mbps (was 12 Mbps, because of g/n only mode)
- enabled TKIP (was disabled by default)
- disabled short guard interval.

Every change made the situation better, but the problem came back after a while. Last change was disabling short guard interval; after that, I had no patience to investigate if that was the solution to the problem, but connection was stable.

New software (v162) makes Wi-Fi connection persistent (no more reconnection every 10 minutes), so I don't expect that there will be a problem with the connection like before.

Return to “General questions”