Wind gauge not reliable

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Da9L

Wind gauge not reliable

Post by Da9L » 17 Oct 2019, 11:52

Am i the only one thinking the wind gauge is unreliable in its readings?

Today mine just measured 15 m/s in wind gusts, which i found rather wierd since no forecast has said much wind should be coming. One forecast is saying 7 m/s gusts and my national weather service (DMI) is saying 4 m/s gusts. Also looking outside the window, not a leaf is moving.

Recently there was what was close to a storm, and the wind gauge did actually measure the highest it has ever measured.. But it was at the wrong time. Measured was around 23 m/s gusts, and later during the storm it measured around 13 m/s. However winds where much stronger at that time, and still measured 10 m/s lower than when they werent as strong. And then there is today where it measured 15 m/s without a leaf moving.

My wind gauge is palced on top of the roof of my house, and nothing is blocking it on either side. Batteries are almost full, and I've already measured the height from ground inside the app, so i don't know what else to do.

Is this just how it is ? Anyone else having some tips ?

Da9L

Re: Wind gauge not reliable

Post by Da9L » 17 Oct 2019, 12:09

Also take a look at this screenshot . This is from the day i mention above where there was a 23 m/s reading on gusts (just before midnight so not in this screenshot). Throughout the night the wind actually increased in strength untill early morning where it was at its highest, yet something seem to happen around 1 am in the night where the measurements suddenly drop. What is up with that ?
Attachments
vind.JPG
vind.JPG (26.38 KiB) Viewed 522 times

Chiara_Netatmo

Re: Wind gauge not reliable

Post by Chiara_Netatmo » 08 Nov 2019, 15:45

Hello,

Please submit a support request via our help center (https://www.netatmo.com/helpcenter), we will make sure to treat it as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

Return to “General questions”