Station location error

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
taarhaug

Station location error

Post by taarhaug »

Hei,

I have three Netatmo stations, all working fine. I only have one problem: two of the stations share the same location on the map even if they are more than 10 km apart. If I move one of them on the location map, the other on is updated with this new location as well. And vice-versa. The third station is unaffected.

I am not sure if it matters, but the two stations in question have the first four letters of their nine letter names in common.

Yours,

Thor
SoftWood

Re: Station location error

Post by SoftWood »

I also have two stations and the same issue. If I change location of the other, both stations show the same place. I do not think that problems is the name of stations. My stations have quite different names, but issue still occurs. The real distance between stations is about 35 kms.

So Netatmo should repair this bug ASAP. Thank you.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Since they introduced „homes“ to assign stations to with the recent firmware, do you guys have your stations in different „homes“?
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
taarhaug

Post by taarhaug »

@GEORGzer: I remember some dialog about "...moving to a new home, but since I use not supported Google home, I just pressed something and I don't remember what I selected.

I've looked for this setting now, but have not been able to find it.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

In the webapp, „manage my station“ under „station administrators“ should be an option to remove the station from the „home“. After that you can reassign it to an existing or new „home“.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
SoftWood

Post by SoftWood »

Thank a lot. After removing the station from "home" I cannot connect at all to my station. It is 35 kms far away, so reinstalling is impossible.

Is there any way to reinstall station online?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

I‘m sorry, I assumed you were taking actions on the station in your presence, not the one offsite.
I‘m afraid you will have to set it up again the next time you‘re there.

Not a Netatmo employee
taarhaug

Post by taarhaug »

I was a bit too quick myself, and lost contact.

However, I only need an excuse for an MC ride up there.... :)

Installed as new station, created a new home and everything is golden.

Thanks for all help.

Thor
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Hi all,
I don't get this. What is the "home" name? There is a lot of "home" mentioned but not one single place can I find a name for this "home".
I have one v2 station with firmware 177 and one v3 still on 162. Same location. My camera and valve thermostat's have a "home" defined, same as in HomeKit, but not the weather stations.
Am I missing something or is "home" just some virtual name or a location? I don't understand this.It must be possible to give you home a name, not just "home"...
Also, if I remove the station from my "home" data is lost, according to warning on the upgrade thread...
I find this difficult to understand.

Any advice?

BR
/mhaga
alfred0809

Post by alfred0809 »

The error message seems to appear a while after I rebuild the station for more efficiency. VidMate TeaTV Shareit
Last edited by alfred0809 on 29 Jul 2020, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General questions”