Home weather station

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
owlietenil2

Home weather station

Post by owlietenil2 » 01 Jul 2020, 07:57

The house I just purchased is on a small peak (8,600' elevation) above all of the surrounding mountains and homes. It has 250* of continental divide views. It should go without saying that the weather gets EXTREME up there. The other day, someone lower than I (and in a similar but different) area recorded winds at 110MPH

That was apparently a local record, but I wouldn't be surprised if the winds at this higher location push a bit harder.

Weather up here is a highly localized thing. We can differ 30*F in 20 miles of travel quite easily. I am highly interested in getting a home weather station, similar to the ones you can connect to on wunderground but have no clue where to begin.

Considerations include: -How do you secure a weather station in >100mph winds? -Cost -Connectivity (I want to be able to read the data on the go like other people's home stations on wunderground) (the double edged sword here is that I am currently imprisioned by apple products, but will own a gaming desktop in the near future) -Ease of data reading (home display station as well as online data)

Thanks for your help.

GEORGzer

Re: Home weather station

Post by GEORGzer » 01 Jul 2020, 08:03

Since the modules are round, I saw people using pipe clamps.
119B6B08-88F0-4D52-AA5A-9654CF269D2A.jpeg
119B6B08-88F0-4D52-AA5A-9654CF269D2A.jpeg (23.4 KiB) Viewed 122 times
You can access your data from anywhere through the web or the iOS apps.
Home:Weather Station (V3 + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules), Valves Starter Pack + 5 additional Valves, Smart Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smart Smoke Alarm

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “General questions”