Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
WattonSouth

Re: Anemometer stops sending data periodically

Post by WattonSouth »

jacobhogh wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 16:11 Hi,

Yes it seems as it corresponds. When temperature rises it happens

Thanks
Jacob
That's interesting - my biggest outage was overnight - it wasn't that cold, it hadn't been that hot. It was interestingly windy which is why it was especially annoying. The wind that night killed our shed roof!
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

The issue that I described earlier on looks more related to the fact that the Anemometer is in a kind of non-responsive mode, which of course also impacts sending data to Netatmo on those 3-hour intervals.

Currently my Anemometer is responding fine in the app, showing up to date info, but it apparently cannot or doesn’t send the data to Netatmo for the historical overviews. So same behavior as also shared by Jacob via the screenshots.
sab

Post by sab »

After discussion with support, I have had the old Anemometer replaced with a brand new version and it is now working perfectly!

An interesting note is that the new module ships with Duracell batteries and not the crap NX-Power alkaline batterries the old wind gauge had. I also had an extra indoor module that were shipped with these NX-Power batteries and they leaked (!!) after a few weeks causing the module to fail… I had that replaced under warranty too.

Re Anemometer: It was wierd as the data would stop being sent from 8.45am until 5 or 6pm that same day. Now fixed with the new module installed.

Suggest those with same issue get your modules replaced under warranty.

Good luck
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

sab wrote: 06 May 2021, 06:41 After discussion with support, I have had the old Anemometer replaced with a brand new version and it is now working perfectly!

An interesting note is that the new module ships with Duracell batteries and not the crap NX-Power alkaline batterries the old wind gauge had. I also had an extra indoor module that were shipped with these NX-Power batteries and they leaked (!!) after a few weeks causing the module to fail… I had that replaced under warranty too.

Re Anemometer: It was wierd as the data would stop being sent from 8.45am until 5 or 6pm that same day. Now fixed with the new module installed.

Suggest those with same issue get your modules replaced under warranty.

Good luck
Thanks for sharing this info! I will then also contact support because my problems continue.
cumulus@dubas.ch

Post by cumulus@dubas.ch »

I have the same problem: too weak radio signal despite good batteries and periodic mutes (up to 25 times/day, from ~10 minutes to ~4 hours). First time short after installation. Waiting on answer from support...
NB: rain module just 80cm nearby has good radio signal 3/4, anemometer only 1/4 (varying from 0/4 to 2/4) !
cumulus@dubas.ch

Post by cumulus@dubas.ch »

First time in my case it was indeed sun heat, but since then it happens many times a day, and during cold nights, too (<10°C). Obviously some modules are defective just out of production.
sab

Post by sab »

Well this issue is now back again! I got a replacement gauge under warranty back in May but it is now dropping data for a few hours every few days. Pretty poor really. Have submitted another ticket to support to see what they say.

The new gauge isnt even 12 months old yet.

FWIW it has been winter here so not an issue with heat. It shows 3/4 bar and still has full battery charge.

Hopefully it doesn't take the support two weeks to get back to me! :(
IanQuinn

Post by IanQuinn »

sab wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 09:34 ... Hopefully it doesn't take the support two weeks to get back to me! :(
À en juger par le nombre de commentaires dans ce fil de discussion, c'est l'ensemble du lot qui devrait être modifié, et non un par un ;) :(
Judging by the number of comments in this thread, the whole batch should be changed, not just one at a time.
nEdAtmo

Post by nEdAtmo »

Hi, I have got the exact same problem with an Anemometer that I bought one month ago.
It was also still delivered with firmware version 7, and is now automatically upgraded to version 25.
The data transmission stops several days a week for several hours, and it looks like this is related to the outside temperature and/or direct sunlight.
I am currently in contact with Netatmo support, and they are looking into it.
Has this been solved for you all, and if so, how?
nEdAtmo

Post by nEdAtmo »

Today I did receive a reply from Netatmo Support stating that they did investigate the data coming from my Anemometer, and that they conclude that this problem is caused by an unsolvable hardware problem: the unit is defective.
They advise me to get into contact with my retailer and request for a replacement.
So this is what I will do next.
To be continued.

Return to “General questions”