HomeKit looks to be getting humidity and air quality automation triggers

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
xpxp2002

HomeKit looks to be getting humidity and air quality automation triggers

Post by xpxp2002 »

iOS 15.1 RC release notes include the following:
Home - New automation triggers based on the current reading of a HomeKit-enabled humidity, air quality, or light level sensor
I assume that the Weather Station will be able to take advantage of this.
mhaga

Re: HomeKit looks to be getting humidity and air quality automation triggers

Post by mhaga »

Hi,
The functionality has been around for a while, we have just not been able to configure it from HomeKit.
I use the Eve app, that I use to configure my Eve smart pugs. With this app, you can actually trigger on ie. humidity.
It has been available for a while, but you need an external app to configure it. It works. I have tested it for my humidifier.
When you have done the configuration, it can also be verified in HomeKit, but as I said, you cannot set this directly without an external app at the moment.
Hopefully this will be available with this update.
BR
/mhaga
xpxp2002

Post by xpxp2002 »

I didn't realize that. I also have Eve Energy plugs. I'll have to check that out. Although, the 15.1 update is coming out in about 2 hours, so it may not matter that much at this point.
jackyjoy123

Post by jackyjoy123 »

mhaga wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 16:36 Hi,
The functionality has been around for a while, we have just not been able to configure it from HomeKit.
I use the Eve app, that I use to configure my Eve smart pugs. With this app, you can actually trigger on ie. humidity.
It has been available for a while, but you need an external app to configure it. It works. I have tested it for my humidifier.
When you have done the configuration, it can also be verified in HomeKit, but as I said, you cannot set this directly without an external app at the moment.
Hopefully this will be available with this update.
BR
/mhaga
thanks for the awesome information.

Return to “General questions”