rain sensor

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Blackbird

rain sensor

Post by Blackbird » 25 Aug 2013, 13:46

Hello everyone
I have just registered with this forum,as I am thinking of taking up the home weather station as a new hobby,
I am thinking of purchasing a netatmo weather station,however I would also like a rain sensor,reading the product description there is no rain sensor available at the moment,so does anyone know if netatmo will be making one available in the future and if so how long will I have to wait,this system would really fit my needs as I use a mac,iPhone,and ipad and don't really want to buy another weather station setup as it means my buying a windows laptop to upload the data to one of the internet weather site's,where I prefere apple if you see what I mean
looking forward to some replies
Kind regard's. Tony [blackbird]

michalmc

Re: rain sensor

Post by michalmc » 25 Aug 2013, 15:38

These same questions I answer came from Netatmo:

"Hello,

We have additional indoor module measuring temperature, humidity and CO2, available in the shop.
We will release rain module (later this year) + wind module (later 2014) in the future.
To correct my co-worker, indeed outdoor modules will be available soon. Before the end of this year."

Garth

Post by Garth » 21 Oct 2013, 10:20

Hi,
just discovered the Netamo Unit searching for a X-Mas Present for myself. But the Rain and Wind are the Basics I want to see.
If these sensors are developed separatelly I assume that this is gona rise the price for a complete station significantly ? Or can someone allready tell the targeted price for Rain/Wind Sensor ?

Or is it planned to have a combined Outside Sensor in one Unit with Solar supply ?

Regards

Garth

Max - Netatmo

Post by Max - Netatmo » 21 Oct 2013, 12:19

The rain and wind sensors will be sold separately, as the additional modules.
The pricing is not disclosed yet.

Max - Netatmo

c9806103

Post by c9806103 » 27 Oct 2013, 10:10

Count me in for the full NetAtmo kit once the wind and rain sensors are good to go. Can't wait for you guys to build these.

Muddyboots

Post by Muddyboots » 27 Oct 2013, 11:40

Max - Netatmo wrote:The rain and wind sensors will be sold separately, as the additional modules.
The pricing is not disclosed yet.

Max - Netatmo
Hi, can you tell us when these additional sensors will be available

weatherman

Post by weatherman » 27 Oct 2013, 14:28

I wouldn't be expecting the additional modules to come before the next year! Netatmo was saying that the addditional modules will be coming these year... Now they are saying that the wind sensor will come in 2014 and only the rain sensor will come by the end of this year...

Seems to me like the products still are in a very early stadium of development and netatmo themself doesn't know when these products will be ready for sale. Probably they concentrated more on the thermostat they recently announced.

I can understand when the development delays but it would be nice if netatmo would let their customers know what to expect.... By now they aren't giving any information to their customers... Not how good customer service should be like!

And then there is still this terrible forum! (All languages mixed up! And netatmo might have a different understnading of FAQs)

Max - Netatmo

Post by Max - Netatmo » 28 Oct 2013, 12:02

Yes, the rain sensor will be available this year. And the wind sensor is indeed for next year.
Max - Netatmo

Ace

Post by Ace » 30 Oct 2013, 12:42

Why not offer a pre-order for the rain-sensor?

carsten

Post by carsten » 04 Dec 2013, 12:57

Any news on that?

Return to “General questions”