FAQ: All you need to know about firmware upgrades

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Yelekreb

Re: FAQ: All you need to know about firmware upgrades

Post by Yelekreb » 17 Apr 2015, 11:44

Do the updates happen on their own, or do I have to do something?

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 17 Apr 2015, 11:54

Hello,
Everything is automatic.
However, if you want to force the update, just connect the Weather Station on your computer with the USB cable, and run the setup wizard. No need to setup the Wi-Fi again, you can close the wizard when the list of the Wi-Fi networks appears.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

scifi0425

Post by scifi0425 » 17 Apr 2015, 16:07

I assuming the latest changes to the firmware and webpage are to accommodate the anemometer. Any update on when it will be released for sale?

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 17 Apr 2015, 20:42

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Everything is automatic.
Since when?
I still have 101, which I had to install manually.
Do I have to active "automatic updates" somewhere?
Home:
Weather Station (Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules)
2 Valves + Relais (Starter Pack), 5 additional Valves

Office:
Thermostat + Relais (1. Generation)
Healthy Home Coach

joordan

Post by joordan » 30 Apr 2015, 11:20

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hello,
Everything is automatic.
However, if you want to force the update, just connect the Weather Station on your computer with the USB cable, and run the setup wizard. No need to setup the Wi-Fi again, you can close the wizard when the list of the Wi-Fi networks appears.
I ran FW 101 without any problem; yesterday it got updated to 102 and since then my base station lose network connection after a few hours. the base has not been moved nor anything else changed...if I restart it simply unplugging the power cable the base come back to be fully functional and connected...data remains stored and then shared once connection is restored, but still, it worked fine without losing connection 24H for more than a month, now it happened twice in 1 day since 102 FW update.

dominosteen

Post by dominosteen » 09 May 2015, 11:16

Hello

, two day ago, i installed the new firmware , but till now , there is now data present , i configured several times the wifi connection , no luck, the Netatmo app show's no data , stil there is a data communication , what is wrong ?

FW base :102
outside module : 43

thanks

mwall

Post by mwall » 19 Jun 2015, 17:13

beware that firmware 102 will break your base station. see the thread "firmware 102 will break your netatmo base station" in the "Netatmo API" forum:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4636

with firmware 101 it was possible to decode the data from a netatmo base station. this made it possible to integrate the netatmo with many other home automation systems, and to keep copies of your own data without having to query (or depend on) the netatmo servers.

unfortunately, firmware 102 appears to obfuscate the data, which breaks all of that.

also unfortunately, it is not possible to reconfigure the netatmo base station without changing the firmware. if you block the netatmowizard from obtaining the firmware, it will not let you reconfigure the base station. if you permit the netatmowizard to obtain the firmware, then it puts that firmware on the base station before it will let you do anything else.

hopefully someone at netatmo will fix this and either tell us how to decode the data or provide a way to revert to firmware 101 or provide a way to configure a base station wifi settings without also changing the firmware.

budgie81

Post by budgie81 » 22 Sep 2015, 12:22

So firmware 111 is out. Why hasn't been base station automatically upgraded as others have suggested it should when new firmware is available.

scifi0425

Post by scifi0425 » 22 Sep 2015, 14:44

My experience, over the last year, is that each hardware update must be performed manually. So far, no hardware updates have been "pushed".

budgie81

Post by budgie81 » 23 Sep 2015, 14:20

Why haven't they been pushed??

Return to “General questions”