Are replacement external modules going to be sold?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
acarodp

Are replacement external modules going to be sold?

Post by acarodp » 10 Feb 2014, 14:34

Hi all,
last summer, after a very violent storm my outer module disappeared, most likely swept away by the very strong wind. I asked the Netatmo support whether they could sell me a replacement module, got a negative answer, but a (vague) statement that external modules were going to be separately sold "at the end of the year". This was late June, 2013. Nothing materialized by the end of the year, so I inquired again in December. Again, no solution, but a promise that support would have contacted me after talking with the management. Silence followed. I inquired again, mid January. Still no reply to that mail.

In the meantime, I have taken up another job that will soon bring me to live in a country where Netatmo is not shipping (that I know of) so of course I can either solve this problem before leaving, or have vastly harder problem to solve. This was clearly said in my December email, the last one to which Netatmo answered.

So, perhaps a more public venue will help for the question:

- is Netatmo going to sell external modules anytime soon?
- can we have a timeframe for it?

or

- is there something I can do to get my station back to full functionality? E.g. sending it in for external module replacement? This solution was never suggested by Support, but I guess that if it works for people with a broken outer module, it can work for a missing one as well... it does not get much more broken than that.

Thanks a lot for all the help!

L

fpotter
Site Admin

Re: Are replacement external modules going to be sold?

Post by fpotter » 10 Feb 2014, 18:25

yep. We are about to make them available....

thanks for your patience

fred

acarodp

Post by acarodp » 13 Feb 2014, 11:08

Fred,
Thank you, good to know. I only hope it happens soon enough...

L

acarodp

Post by acarodp » 09 Apr 2014, 12:04

Only if anybody was keeping tabs on this... the replacement outdoors modules are now being sold on the site, and I have just ordered mine, should come here before I move to Chile...

Only one negative: I don't know since how long they are on sale since Netatmo did not seem to announce it anywhere, not in the blog, not (that I can see) in the forum, not to those (like me) who contacted the support for this type of issue... I discovered it only because I went on the online shopping page. Or perhaps, they just became available today and announcements will come... in that case, I take back my critique.

Anyway, thanks to Netatmo to solve this!

Ciao

L

Return to “General questions”