Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
elraj

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by elraj »

GEORGzer wrote:Well, seems like mine died today at 2:04 P.M. :cry:
Mine died 53 minutes later; still dead. It was covered by ice after some frosty days and it died when the temperature went above 0C. I guess the melting ice/water got into the gauge. Clearly not weatherproof.

What a piece of crap!
Tonky

Post by Tonky »

Nice comment from Netatmo about all the problems, it gives us great trust in them… :( :(
elraj

Post by elraj »

Tonky wrote:Nice comment from Netatmo about all the problems, it gives us great trust in them… :( :(
What did they say??
mweasner

Post by mweasner »

Given all the anticipation leading up to the release of the Netatmo Wind Gauge, I wonder if Netatmo is reaching out to the dedicated customers who are reporting problems. Yes, users tend to not report having no problems so it is not surprising to see some reports of real problems. Hope Netatmo is tracking the reported problems and will post some information soon.
Tonky

Post by Tonky »

elraj wrote:
Tonky wrote:Nice comment from Netatmo about all the problems, it gives us great trust in them… :( :(
What did they say??
Nothing at all, and that is very worrying...
elraj

Post by elraj »

Mine continued to show battery and signal status, so after all it wasn't completely dead although it didn't show any wind readings.

I took it inside and re-connected it to the station. It immediately started working again. I also opened it; absolutely no sign of water inside. Obviously there must have been a connectivity issue; personally I believe it was triggered by the changing weather. The last couple of days it has also reported false wind gust during night, once reporting a 52 km/h gust in calm, foggy and icy conditions.

I have now covered it with some electro tape and placed it outside again.

Fingers crossed...
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

So mine is working again after the 100 minutes break.
Strange behavior....
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
skuske

Post by skuske »

Mine also had multiple breaks before it died completely.

And honestly: covering it with tape or anything else is not something I would do. I paid for a wind gauge which should simply be weatherproof as a wind gauge shoule be. It is not my job to make it weatherproof. And it is not our job to look for the weather and cross fingers that the wind gauge doesn't die. I am more than happy to have sent back the crap. The wind gauge is a bad joke, especially for that price.
Download myatmo from the iTunes AppStore at

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myatmo/ ... &ls=1&mt=8
elraj

Post by elraj »

skuske wrote:And honestly: covering it with tape or anything else is not something I would do. I paid for a wind gauge which should simply be weatherproof as a wind gauge shoule be. It is not my job to make it weatherproof. And it is not our job to look for the weather and cross fingers that the wind gauge doesn't die. I am more than happy to have sent back the crap. The wind gauge is a bad joke, especially for that price.
Completely agree but I decided to give it another chance as the postage fee for sending it back to France is around €30. If/when it breaks down again it will og back no matter what.

Did you buy yours directly from Netatmo? What is their return policy; do I need a ticket/refence number or something?

By the way, the wind readings seems much more correct after I re-installed it. I guess there is no logic in that.
skuske

Post by skuske »

No, I bought it at Amazon Germany. Actually I always buy stuff like that there because of the brilliant return policy of Amazon. AFAIK the return time at Netatmo is 14 days. That's what I read somewhere on their website. What I read in the Amazon.de reviews is that the Netatmo support is kind of not existing. If you get an answer at all, then most likely it will not really help. Another NO-GO.

I was just watching TV - a dokumentation on Siberia... -40 to -50 degrees. My wind gauge died at +1 with a bit of snow... LOL.

Anyway - when I was watching that I just thought that my initial reason to buy the wind gauge was to complete my setup as I really like gadgets like this. However, I want to install things, and forget them as long as the batteries are OK. Like I said before: I don't want to worry about anything: install it, let it work. That's it. If it does not work like that, I usually send stuff back, especially in a price range like what we are talking about here.
Download myatmo from the iTunes AppStore at

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myatmo/ ... &ls=1&mt=8

Return to “General questions”