Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
neve

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by neve »

I found a new issue for my windmeter for v14.
Last night in Leiden (the Netherlands) the weather conditions were calm and frosty. Temperatures a view degrees below zero.
Also no wind at all. On my readings I have always some wind registration, a view km/h.
But this morning, just after sunrise, the readings of my windmeter were suddenly increasing,
from 2 km/h until 22 km/h. During this time the sun started to warm up my windmeter on my roof.
Frost on the registration plate was melting.
After an hour the wind measurements were decreasing to a normal level.
See also my included graph.
So the readings before the left red dashed line during the frost and after the righthand dashed line are OK.
Between the two red dashed lines I found wrong readings, based on the spikes in the registration.

Best regards: Kees Neve, Leiden, the Netherlands
Attachments
windm.png
windm.png (9.08 KiB) Viewed 2329 times
Last edited by neve on 17 Feb 2016, 23:39, edited 8 times in total.
Hakki

Post by Hakki »

I had the same issue this morning:)
I guess this will be the limitation for the "sensor hardware".. so no wind when freezing :(
Attachments
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (21.64 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
judaca

Post by judaca »

I have firmware 14 installed...tought all troubles should be gone now.
But I guess the readings are still NOT correct.

Anyone suggestions ???
Attachments
0000000.JPG
0000000.JPG (43.82 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
@neve and Hakki: it's normal to get irrelevant measures during thaw, because small drops of water on the transductors could lead to wrong readings. Frost can also distort measures.
@judaca: tha analysis of your data doesn't report any problem with your Wind Gauge, there was just almost no wind during this period, but measures are correct and stable.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
daverdfw

Post by daverdfw »

when will this be available in US?
330dm

Post by 330dm »

Seems during winter, when freezing, the Netatmo windmeter is useless.
scifi0425

Post by scifi0425 »

I am happy with mine. It has operated well in low single digit Fahrenheit temperatures.
scott98

Post by scott98 »

UPS just delivered mine this afternoon and I have it up and running. Looks like the firmware is still at 7. But so far it is looking pretty good.
Scott
Netatmo Weather Station, Welcome
gavinfabl

Post by gavinfabl »

Just an update. The replacement wind sensor that I have had now for a few weeks has been absolutely perfect. No false readings. And thats despite being thru some harsh weather - snow, sub zero etc...
elraj

Post by elraj »

Is everyone happy with their replacement sensor from Netatmo? Less acitivity in this thread points towards problems being solved I guess.

I am waiting for my replacement sensor these days. The one I bought back in November is faulty under certain circumstances. For instance it doesn't cope with the heating from direct sunshine. When the sun hits the anemometer it starts reporting lots of false wind gusts for an hour or so before it dies completely until the sun goes away during the evening.

Return to “General questions”