Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
mweasner

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by mweasner »

I guess all the available wind gauges are going out as replacements. None available from Amazon US yet...
selvittää

Post by selvittää »

Dear All, I mounted my Anemometer on the chimney, free of obstructions, and free in the wind.
From the start of it's operation, everything is in good working order and all measurings are accurate and correct.
We saw pics from people who mounted this accessory in the garden, it speaks for it self that measured data will be corrupted then.
jdwhite

Post by jdwhite »

Mapantz wrote:
gavinfabl wrote:
Mapantz wrote:I'll tell you one thing that is not worth the money, and that's the mounting bracket for the wind gauge. I've just read two reviews of it on Amazon, both are exactly what has happened to me. I cannot use mine now, it impossible to level up because the ball joint does not lock in to place. If you screen up the shaft tight, the angle of the arm is pointing to the left, so the wind gauge will never be straight. If you straighten the shaft to the correct angle, then it doesn't tighten the ball joint, so it just flops about. Completely wasted £30
I bought some tripod long screws. About £5 for a pack of 5. Went down to local DIY store and bought a L shape large bracket for £4. A hurricane could arrive and that wind sensor ain't moving for nothing !! :)

I didn't like the pics of the Netatmo option.
I'm looking at stuff on screwfix right now. lol

I wish I hadn't bought the Netatmo one now, the only thing I kept was the two jubilee clips, the rest of it went in the bin. :roll:
I mounted my wind gauge off an existing 4" diameter roof vent pipe using the following parts:
  • 4" to 2" PVC T
  • 6' 2" PVC
  • 2" PVC threaded endcap
  • 12" piece of 1/4"x20 threaded rod
  • couple of 1/4"x20 nuts and a lock washer
I used inexpensive schedule 40 PVC for this.

After cutting the threaded rod to length, I drilled a 1/4" hole in the center of the threaded endcap and then drilled a larger hole in the center of the endcap (not all the way through!) to counter-sink the top nut (see photo). Place a bit of loc-tite on the threads before tightening the nuts. Then I glued all the pieces together and put vaseline on the threads of the endcap to help in turning to align the gauge later. After attaching the gauge to the end of the endcap I went up on the roof and installed.

ImageImage
Charlie86

Post by Charlie86 »

Hi,

Few days ago I add wind gauge to my station. It is showing wind speed and direction nice and correct, but if there is no wind at all, it always show wind speed 2km⁄h. How can I fix my problem.

Tnx
hcts

Post by hcts »

Hello,

I´m having a problem with my wind gauge not showing any data. There are no readings for the current wind direction, no average speed, no gust. It´s only showing todays max wind at a constant 3 km/h, not changing at all. Seems like the wind gauge never collected any data when viewing it´s history.

The wind gauge is connected, shows a quite strong signal and battery levels are good. Latest firmware.

Tried the tip from support to put it into an box for 6 hours. Did not seem to record any data in that time. It was connected the whole time.
At times I also receive an error code "4" when trying to view the history on the iOS app. Does anyone know what this error code means?

Has anyone else experienced this or knows what I could do to fix this?

Thanks in advance :)
jdwhite

Post by jdwhite »

Charlie86 wrote:Hi,

Few days ago I add wind gauge to my station. It is showing wind speed and direction nice and correct, but if there is no wind at all, it always show wind speed 2km⁄h. How can I fix my problem.

Tnx
I have the same issue, so I asked Netatmo support and received the following reply yesterday:
As all measuring devices, there is accuracy margin for our wind gauge, and it is +-2mph.
so nuthing wrong with your product, we are working on to reduce this by a calibration,
thanks a lot for your understanding.

Cordialement/Best regards,
Prashanth
Netatmo Customer Service
elraj

Post by elraj »

I received my replacement gauge from Netatmo a couple of weeks ago and that one is reporting 0 km/h when it is calm. The old, faulty one always showed 2 km/h, sometimes more, when totally windless.

The replacement gauge have so far also survived weather conditions where the old one either died (temporary stopped reporting for several hours) or began reporting hurricane wind force. Fingers crossed the new one is of real quality.
jdwhite

Post by jdwhite »

elraj wrote:I received my replacement gauge from Netatmo a couple of weeks ago and that one is reporting 0 km/h when it is calm. The old, faulty one always showed 2 km/h, sometimes more, when totally windless.

The replacement gauge have so far also survived weather conditions where the old one either died (temporary stopped reporting for several hours) or began reporting hurricane wind force. Fingers crossed the new one is of real quality.
What firmware is your new gauge running? Mine is running 14 which, as I understand it, is the latest.
elraj

Post by elraj »

jdwhite wrote:
elraj wrote:I received my replacement gauge from Netatmo a couple of weeks ago and that one is reporting 0 km/h when it is calm. The old, faulty one always showed 2 km/h, sometimes more, when totally windless.

What firmware is your new gauge running? Mine is running 14 which, as I understand it, is the latest.
I am on the 14 aswell. I think it is down to the hardware, not the software. My faulty one didn't handle sunshine even in March, and stopped reporting whenever being exposed for sunshine and thaw. Has to be a sensor issue.

The replacement sensor still working very well in all kind of weather conditons.
Saegis

Post by Saegis »

Mine also showed 2-3 km/h wind even indoors in a box.
Netatmo support checked this and confirmed a hardware issue.
Mine is currently on the way to netatmo for replacement/repair.
Lets see how long it takes...

Return to “General questions”