Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
DigitalMann

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by DigitalMann »

Saegis wrote:Until today I did not receive any message by Netatmo about the status of my device.
Three mails unanswered.
It is with Netatmo for two full work weeks.
I am starting to get annoyed.
I share your frustration. I opened the box, put in the batteries and it has been measuring a constant WSW wind of 3km in my kitchen ever since.

A rather expensive paper weight if you ask me. Do all the other Netatmo products work like this?
Saegis

Post by Saegis »

I received my exchange wind meter yesterday without any prior notice from support. Inside the box was an exchange sheet. It is a new one.
After installation everything seems to work fine. Wind speed outside right now shows 0km/h, gusts 1.
wopper

Post by wopper »

Saegis wrote:I received my exchange wind meter yesterday without any prior notice from support. Inside the box was an exchange sheet. It is a new one.
After installation everything seems to work fine. Wind speed outside right now shows 0km/h, gusts 1.
Which firmware was installed?
Saegis

Post by Saegis »

Firmware 7 which updated to 14 afterwards
DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann »

All I have heard is crickets...what a disappointment
330dm

Post by 330dm »

I don't think the NetAtmo anemometer is intended for outside use :D
It doesn't seem to be weatherproof, it gets wet on the inside and after that? seems to stop working, like it's supposed to.
Mine worked fine for 2-3 months, but now needs daily attention to keep working, new batteries, resetting, minimizing range (to main device) to keep connected. :?

I've mailed Support explaining my issues, hope they'll respond soon.
DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann »

330dm wrote:I don't think the NetAtmo anemometer is intended for outside use :D
It doesn't seem to be weatherproof, it gets wet on the inside and after that? seems to stop working, like it's supposed to.
Mine worked fine for 2-3 months, but now needs daily attention to keep working, new batteries, resetting, minimizing range (to main device) to keep connected. :?

I've mailed Support explaining my issues, hope they'll respond soon.

Mine is still in the kitchen, measuring a 3km/h wind. Now you're telling me that it should just stay there (for it's own safety)
330dm

Post by 330dm »

My father in law has his inside the house as well, steadily showing 2 km/h SW wind since the start of February.
I've advised him to keep it there, because it can't stand being outside any longer than 2-3 months, yes. :lol:
DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann »

330dm wrote:My father in law has his inside the house as well, steadily showing 2 km/h SW wind since the start of February.
I've advised him to keep it there, because it can't stand being outside any longer than 2-3 months, yes. :lol:
Do you live in a humid area next to water?
330dm

Post by 330dm »

No, not particularly, residential area in a medium size town (about 80.000 pop).
My father in law is hesitant to put it on the roof, because of my experiences so far. My roof is somewhat easier to reach.
(But now it's sitting on a heating radiator in an attempt to dry it and see if that brings it back to life)

Return to “General questions”