Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
robvdk

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by robvdk » 08 Jun 2016, 10:13

Hey

I have this anemometer in December bought from you.
Until last week I got a message that he did not do it anymore.

Do when the batteries are re-done in and out again , then he did it a few hours.

Then yesterday fresh batteries inserted in the meter , he did it this morning 9:00 now he does not do it again.

Also came after the opening of the anemometer water leaking , even the screws that I had to close meter broke down .

What we will do here .

UPDATE

I have had contact with netatmo and will be sent a replacement.
Good service

Rob
Last edited by robvdk on 09 Jun 2016, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Weather Station V3 FW160, Outdoor Module FW46, + Rain Gauge FW11, Wind Gauge FW23, Indoor Modules x2 FW46

corbetz

Post by corbetz » 18 Jun 2016, 22:48

I bought my Wind Anemometer on march, from Netatmo store and today I read "Low Batteries" red light on my Netatmo panel.
That's strange as I used the best brand batteries on the market in order not to change them often.
When I opened the 4 sealed screws A LOT of water came out from the battery unit :shock: A couple of batteries has already starting to lose the acid, too and I had to clean up everything.
I carefully removed the 4 AA batteries and had to trash them as they were completely soaked even if the wind sensor has kept working in the last days.
I have to guess that the anemometer is not waterproof... :cry: Very disappointing.

mweasner

Post by mweasner » 19 Jun 2016, 19:37

Another bogus wind "gust" of 53 MPH today:

Wind was pretty calm but the temp was 99F and climbing. Wind Gauge firmware still at 17.

Still seems like Netatmo does not properly handle air density changes at high temperatures at elevations of 4380 feet.

durrantie

Post by durrantie » 21 Jun 2016, 15:12

Hi All,

I bought one of these when they were first released, it shortly failed due to the "weather" so i put it back for refund, it seems to have not been designed for rain!?

Im still keen to have this feature, can anyone say if Netatmo have taken action to perhaps redesign the product or made changes so it functions correctly and doesn't flood with water?

Perhaps someone from Netatmo support can comment - this is their forum I think.

mweasner

Post by mweasner » 23 Jun 2016, 03:20

Hope Netatmo releases a fix before the Summer is over. These bogus wind gusts at high temperatures (at my elevation of 4380') are erroneous and annoying.

Without a fix, this issue puts the Netatmo Wind Gauge in the toy category and not the serious weather instrument category.

If Netatmo doesn't have a fully equipped testing lab that can simulate high air temperatures at high elevations, I'm willing to test fixes for them.

HighLife

Post by HighLife » 26 Jun 2016, 17:49

I opened a ticket for the same observations and they sent it to the developers after accessing my data. I was advised that a firmware release is being implemented to correct this issue.
mweasner wrote:Another bogus wind "gust" of 53 MPH today:

Wind was pretty calm but the temp was 99F and climbing. Wind Gauge firmware still at 17.

Still seems like Netatmo does not properly handle air density changes at high temperatures at elevations of 4380 feet.

mweasner

Post by mweasner » 26 Jun 2016, 17:52

Thanks. Hope this fix solves it. --Mike

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 26 Jul 2016, 00:05

My Anemometer died on July 16 :cry:
Contacted Support via mail right away (ordered the anemometer directly from Netatmo), but so far no answer :?

@robvdk: how long did it take for Netatmo to answer you and how did you contact them?
Thank You!
Home:
Weather Station (3rd Generation + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules)
2 Valves + Relais (Starter Pack), 5 additional Valves

Office:
Thermostat + Relais (2nd Generation)
Healthy Home Coach
Smart Smoke Alarm

robvdk

Post by robvdk » 26 Jul 2016, 07:38

I'm on twitter contacted them. they responded within a day.
They have quickly sent a new anemometer me after I sent the old one.
Weather Station V3 FW160, Outdoor Module FW46, + Rain Gauge FW11, Wind Gauge FW23, Indoor Modules x2 FW46

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz » 02 Aug 2016, 22:25

The batteries are going flat on my anemometer, just six months after it was replaced... due to battery issues. Goodbye Netatmo.

Return to “General questions”