Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
robvdk

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by robvdk »

I hope iT Will work better
Weather Station V3 FW178, Outdoor Module FW50, + Rain Gauge FW12 ,Wind Gauge FW25, Indoor Modules x3 FW50
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

And we are up and running :D

Thanks robvdk, me too ;)
Well, the whole support act took alsmost 6 weeks, but it was worth it.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann »

Did you get a replacement? Are you confident that the problem has been solved?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Yes, they sent me a new one (different serial number).
And for now, it's working :lol:
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
durrantie

Post by durrantie »

My wind gauge readings peak whenever the sun is out, there's clear patterns between the temperature going up and the wind gauge readings going up as well, whats the opinion? is it faulty or not? cheers.
mweasner

Post by mweasner »

Definitely a flaw in the anemometer design or a software bug. It is a serious problem here in southern Arizona. Of course, now that 100F days are coming to an end for this year, I expect the frequency of bogus wind readings to decrease.
durrantie

Post by durrantie »

Im getting spikes of 45-65mph and I live in Scotland our summer temperatures are much lower, these spikes are happening at just 17-22c (62-72f). Think i'll get Amazon started with their returns procedure :-(

I'll maybe buy another in the future if the issues are overcome.
330dm

Post by 330dm »

330dm wrote:Had an exchange as well, after a post on Twitter, CS helped a lot faster :) It's on the roof now for 4 days and working ok, firmware is on v.17 now.
Range looks slightly better. Let's see if this one can keep it dry.
And after working for about 3-4 months the replacement seems to have broken down as well, connection lost completely.
Contacting the helpdesk once more... :?
DocBeech

Post by DocBeech »

330dm wrote:
330dm wrote:Had an exchange as well, after a post on Twitter, CS helped a lot faster :) It's on the roof now for 4 days and working ok, firmware is on v.17 now.
Range looks slightly better. Let's see if this one can keep it dry.
And after working for about 3-4 months the replacement seems to have broken down as well, connection lost completely.
Contacting the helpdesk once more... :?
Any updates on this? I am curious as to if it was EVER fixed?

Their is not another company which is marking a competing item: http://weatherflow.com/preview/

Their SKY meter has Wind/Rain/Sunlight & UV
Their AIR meter has Temp, Humidity, Pressure & Lightning Sensors.
Their Breathe (Indoor Module) has VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), CO2, Dust, Temperature, & Humidity.

So you lose the Sound Meter, but your gain Lightning, Sunlight, and UV sensors. You also gain a massive amount of use methods. IFTTT, WeatherForYou.com, Weather Underground, AWEKAS, SmarThing's, Wink, Nest, and more. All native. If they cannot get this wind meter up and running properly, might be time to try something new?

I think the big deal here, is this one works with in home hubs. So you could potentially run it on a display if you wanted to. They also talk about a dedicated display in the technical specs. This is also cool because it works with Wink and SmartThings. Which means I can use it to run Z-Wave devices!
daskino

Post by daskino »

I just took the chance and bought the wind guage. Will see if it works.

Return to “General questions”