Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
RobbieBott

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by RobbieBott »

GEORGzer wrote:Sure!
Before the Rain Gauge was released, you could only add 3 additional units.
When the Wind Gauge comes out, there will be a firmware update for the main weather station and you will be able to add it.

Thank you for the response. So there isnt some hardware limitation, just a simple firmware fix.
DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann »

I'm looking forward to a pre-order showing up in the store sometime soon.
ThorUsch

Post by ThorUsch »

I will definitely pre-order it!!!
DocBeech

Post by DocBeech »

I will let you guys pre-order it first, I got burned on the rain gauge (We had to coat the buckets with water repellent because water stuck to it, and it wouldn't read). I hope they have fixed this by now, but I will let you guys be the test dummies this time, plus most of these ultrasonic wind meters are solar powered for a reason, I fear this thing will eat batteries very fast.
DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann »

I'm willing to be a guinea pig. I really need an anemometer and don't mind a little fiddling around to get it to work. I didn't have any trouble with my rain gauge last summer. I'll put it out again in April once the snow has stopped falling.
daskino

Post by daskino »

I am also ready to try out the new Wind guage. maybe Netatmo will ofer the board users here a early bird pre order option?
DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann »

Rumour has it that the anemometer will be released on May 1st. Problem is that I started the rumour :lol:
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Well DigitalMann, you source isn't trustworthy :D
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann »

Guilty as charged :?
scooter133

Post by scooter133 »

I'm Ready! I want to Put in Wind Generators, though want to monitor the wind in the area that I want to put the generators first to see if its a good ROI. Though I fear I'll have to put in a 2nd Station to Pick up the Anemometer signal...

Return to “General questions”