Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
falkio

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by falkio » 09 Jan 2015, 10:02

Cant access Facebook, can anyone post some pics and the provided info here pls?

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 09 Jan 2015, 11:31

DigitalMann wrote:That looks great. Now, where should I mount such a thing?
I asked support about this:
Hello, will the new wind gauge have the same mounting option like the rain gauge? (1/4" screw) I'm asking because right now I'm shopping for a new mount for my raig gauge and if both devices match, I would order 2 clamps.

Hallo,
The windsensor will have the same mounting system as the rain gauge, however I can't guarantee if it will technically fit since it hasn't been tested on that.

Adrian - Technical Support
Not shure what he ment with "can't guarantee if it will technically fit" because it either has the 1/4" screw thread or not.... :D
But I believe the bottom will look exactly the same like the one of the rain gauge.

I now ordered 2 of this clamps to mount the devices on my balcon rail, since they were in sale at amazon.de:
http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/cam ... ds/clamps/
falkio wrote:Cant access Facebook, can anyone post some pics and the provided info here pls?
Not much more information is give right now. Besides the text I quotet from Facebook and the photo I linked, they posted a photo of all weatherstation devices together, that's it.
Home:Weather Station (V3 + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules), Valves Starter Pack + 5 additional Valves, Smart Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smart Smoke Alarm

Not a Netatmo employee

falkio

Post by falkio » 09 Jan 2015, 11:53

Thanks for the information.

But anyway the pic would be nice!

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 09 Jan 2015, 12:11

There you go, I was on my iPad before and couldn't figure out how to get the pictures URL :P
Home:Weather Station (V3 + Rain Gauge, Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules), Valves Starter Pack + 5 additional Valves, Smart Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee

falkio

Post by falkio » 09 Jan 2015, 12:30

Last edited by falkio on 09 Jan 2015, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 09 Jan 2015, 12:56

Alright, for the non-german-speaking folks around here:

The Lady in the video says "available second half of the Year", the article says "second quarter". She also calls it "Rain Gauge" at first by mistake :D
It will have the same mounting option like the rain gauge, using a tripod or something with an 1/4" "camera" screw.
It uses some sort of ultra sonic technic to determinate wind speed and direction and has no moving parts.
On the bottom is an indicator which side has to face north, so the wind gauge can give you the right direction.
Price 99€.

I think it will be available in second quarter like the rain gauge was.

Not a Netatmo employee

Hakki

Post by Hakki » 09 Jan 2015, 20:20

Finally some more information and a product video! It needs more coverage:)
Strange that it isn't on the website yet (I suppose they want all the attention for the Welcome product).

GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer » 13 Jan 2015, 14:38

Anyone else think it's funny, that the wind gauge hast more than twice as much likes on facebook, than the welcome-camera :D

Not a Netatmo employee

Hakki

Post by Hakki » 13 Jan 2015, 15:56

GEORGzer wrote:Anyone else think it's funny, that the wind gauge hast more than twice as much likes on facebook, than the welcome-camera :D
That's because most of the facebook connections probably already have the weather station (will be difficult to get one at launch I guess)
The camera is a new product category and has to find it's customers (people who buy IP cam's don't know that Netatmo is offering one!). I think it'll be quite expensive (given the sepcs, materials, design).. I already have 4 IP cams and those can be handy, so we'll wait and see.

@netatmo: I want to be your test-guy;) Windy environment between open fields = excellent testing conditions :D

Return to “General questions”