Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
JanMetDePet

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by JanMetDePet » 30 Nov 2015, 17:59

Kev wrote:After reading all the negative comments, I have serious doubts, should I buy the anemometer or not?
Has anyone got feedback/solutions from netatmo?

I think THAT is the right attitude!
I want to, but will not untill ....

Sorry for you guys that already "did".

Come on NETATMO, start caring for your paying customers.

damienbern

Post by damienbern » 30 Nov 2015, 18:07

Until now, I already had 3 netatmo anemometer and the fourth is in route.

1st never start, was dead on arrival

2nd worked 1 week and died, 1 week without any wind, so couldn't know if the gauge was right

3rd is in place, still work but measure are so WRONG (3-4x time less...), blowing at 110 km/H and telling me 30 km/h ...

4th was expedited today by amazon.fr (I forgot to cancel my order). I will mount it before returning it to compare if the gauge is better ...

My advice : Don't order it unless you have a really good returning condition (amazon). This product seems at least VERY bad atm. Amazon.de rating is awfull

deeayy

Post by deeayy » 30 Nov 2015, 19:35

So my wind gauge came back to life for a short while and has now stopped reporting again. Still says it has full battery and 3/5 bars.

I'll be opening a ticket with Netatmo support.
Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 18.32.20.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 18.32.20.png (114.07 KiB) Viewed 370 times

skuske

Post by skuske » 30 Nov 2015, 20:06

Can you let us know when you receive a reply from Netatmo? I am extremely interested in their reply... My gauge died and never came back and also could not be reconnected with the base...
Download myatmo from the iTunes AppStore at

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myatmo/ ... &ls=1&mt=8

Hakki

Post by Hakki » 30 Nov 2015, 20:15

skuske wrote:Can you let us know when you receive a reply from Netatmo? I am extremely interested in their reply... My gauge died and never came back and also could not be reconnected with the base...
I can give you the response I got.
Mail to support on 19/11 (it died, but came back the day after I asked support)
25/11: I Had to give access to my Netatmo account (nice that they ask for it, you have to approve by clicking an URL and can revoke at anytime)
29/11 (yes, on sunday): It seems that your problem has been solved, if it is not the case, please contact us again.

So no investigation when the problem is solved and seems stable now..

deeayy

Post by deeayy » 30 Nov 2015, 20:35

Ticket submitted. Automated reply says

"Please note that at this year’s end, our response time is longer than usual. We are really sorry and be sure that we are doing our best to give you an answer as soon as possible."

Interestingly, while the website shows a data void during the outage in my post above, the app's history doesn't. This must mean it's a drop out in sending the data to the base station and that the gauge was still reporting during this time.

skuske

Post by skuske » 01 Dec 2015, 09:07

deeayy wrote:Interestingly, while the website shows a data void during the outage in my post above, the app's history doesn't. This must mean it's a drop out in sending the data to the base station and that the gauge was still reporting during this time.
That was not the case when my gauge died. Neither the app, nor the website has shown any data during the outage. Plus, although the base still listed the wind gauge as being connected and batteries OK, after removing the wind gauge from the setup and trying to renonnect it, the base could not find it. So, in my case it really seems that the gause died completely after our first rain-snow storm...

adda

Post by adda » 01 Dec 2015, 12:06

Firmware v115 is out and can manually be updated. So I hope that wind gauge gets a better firmware in the next hours with a shorter measurement frequency.

xon

Post by xon » 01 Dec 2015, 12:18

Mine is on the roof and pretty unreachable. Do you guys know if I can safely update the mainstation without having to reconnect al other stations like the wind gauge?

skuske

Post by skuske » 01 Dec 2015, 12:28

xon wrote:Do you guys know if I can safely update the mainstation without having to reconnect al other stations like the wind gauge?
Open the app, go to 'Settings' and just start adding a new module (although you don't want to add a new one) - go through the steps; this will force the base to check for a new firmware. When it comes to the 'Add new module' screen, click 'Cancel'. This works here... You cannot force the update of additional modules, though. The base will update them within 6 hours or so.

Return to “General questions”