Anemometer Update!

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
DigitalMann

Re: Anemometer Update!

Post by DigitalMann » 06 Apr 2016, 06:16

I seem to have the same problem that you did. What is the return process like? Who pays the shipping?

Saegis

Post by Saegis » 07 Apr 2016, 11:52

After coordination with Netatmo support I sent the device back to Paris on my expense.
It arrived there on Monday but I havent heard anything yet.

DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann » 08 Apr 2016, 18:32

Saegis wrote:After coordination with Netatmo support I sent the device back to Paris on my expense.
I'm not sure how fair that is. Did yours work correctly out of the box? Mine didn't! I think it should be treated like a return. Either way they should be paying for the shipping both ways as this is clearly their fault.

Having said all of that, I'm still waiting for them to get back to me.

mweasner

Post by mweasner » 08 Apr 2016, 18:45

Faulty Netatmo Anemometer shipments is exactly why I'll be ordering mine from Amazon. If I receive a bad unit it will be returned to Amazon using their free return policy. If that happens I'll be done with Netatmo and will likely get a Davis weather station, complete with all needed sensors.

OliK

Post by OliK » 09 Apr 2016, 10:03

My first Anemometer didn´t work anymore after 1 Month. Now I got a new one with FW7.

S/N 10060e2

Please update!

After 2 Outdoor-, 3 Rain and now the second Wind Sensor, my patience starts to end..Netatmo is trash for much money...
Thanks Conrad I received replacemant parts very quick, but support here is...no more words needed.

DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann » 11 Apr 2016, 19:26

Saegis wrote:After coordination with Netatmo support I sent the device back to Paris on my expense.
I recieved this reply this morning :

HI,
thanks for contacting netatmo support,
this is not normal, we are working on a firmware upgrade which will solve this issue.
thanks for your patuence.
Cordialement/Best regards,
Prashanth
Netatmo Customer Service

hcts

Post by hcts » 13 Apr 2016, 21:16

DigitalMann wrote:

HI,
this is not normal, we are working on a firmware upgrade which will solve this issue.
Prashanth
Netatmo Customer Service
This update is for the issue where the wind gauge shows 2-3 km/h even when it is in a box?

DigitalMann

Post by DigitalMann » 14 Apr 2016, 06:04

hcts wrote:
DigitalMann wrote:

HI,
Prashanth
Netatmo Customer Service
This update is for the issue where the wind gauge shows 2-3 km/h even when it is in a box?
Yes it is

Saegis

Post by Saegis » 15 Apr 2016, 18:00

Until today I did not receive any message by Netatmo about the status of my device.
Three mails unanswered.
It is with Netatmo for two full work weeks.
I am starting to get annoyed.

weatherguy112

Post by weatherguy112 » 20 Apr 2016, 16:31

Curious what info there is as far as the wind gauge and lightning.
Considering a mount where the wind gauge would be attached via 2 metal brackets to a 2x2 piece of wood through the metal chase cover at the top of a fireplace chimney and into the supporting chimney frame. Approx height of the post would be that of the metal chimney cap that would be about four feet away on the other side of the chimney. Chimney cap would be the tallest point on the roof, at approx the same height as the peak on the roof. Thoughts on this kind of setup from a lightning perspective? Is there a better way involving chimney/chase cover/chimney cap or do people generally avoid mounts of this kind?

Return to “General questions”