outdoor module battery consumption went crazy

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
chris112

Re: outdoor module battery consumption went crazy

Post by chris112 » 10 Jan 2016, 19:02

I have contacted the support on the Homepage on 2015-12-31, but i didn´t get a answer. This is a little bit longer then 25 hours.

VilPat

Post by VilPat » 12 Jan 2016, 15:00

Rimk wrote:Hi,

How long the module was away ?
I´ve sent the Module to France at 2nd december.

dmekonnen

Post by dmekonnen » 16 Jan 2016, 02:23

I'll throw in my experience here which is similar. I believe I changed my outdoor module batteries only once (at most twice) in a 10 month period, then for the last two months I've had to change batteries every two weeks.

I've come to the forum hoping to find a solution, but haven't uncovered one. My outdoor module is using firmware 43 (indoor 111). I'll look into upgrading it to see if that helps. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks!

Nomax2000

Post by Nomax2000 » 17 Jan 2016, 08:51

Same problem here. First battery set last 2,5 month. I changed the batteries and the battery indicator is already moving after a couple of days.

abbrouwer

Post by abbrouwer » 18 Jan 2016, 10:51

My problem is exactly the same, even (expensive) lithium batteries I have to replace once a week. I try to contact NETATMO service dept for the last 2 months, however, no response. How to proceed? Can someone provide me with a suggestion?

Nomax2000

Post by Nomax2000 » 22 Jan 2016, 18:34

Today my outdoor model went off. After one week of use with new Batteries. Really bad. Is it a hardware or software problem? The first set of batteries was not too bad, then we got software version 115 for the indoor module.

Edit: I called amazon, they send me replacement.

morion

Post by morion » 25 Jan 2016, 09:10

I've got the same situation. Last batteries went off after 9 days. It was my 4th set for last 3 months. :/

caepinus

Post by caepinus » 25 Jan 2016, 09:45

I add myself to the list. The first set of batteries lasted 2 months, now I'm replacing them every 10 days.
I'm going to ask the replacement to Amazon.

Gothboyuk

Post by Gothboyuk » 02 Feb 2016, 13:23

I have this problem too. I replaced the batteries in the outdoor module a few days ago (a week at most) with expensive Lithium batteries designed for use in extreme conditions and for long term use. My outdoor module is separated from the base module by only around 1 meter and a sheet of double glazing. Today they batteries are flat. I'm afraid I can't afford to replace batteries on a weekly basis and had previously assumed that it was down to using alkaline batteries in cold weather but, as anyone in the UK will know, we've had a record breaking warm winter!

There has to be a problem with the firmware because I'm sure that the batteries lasted much longer until the onset of autumn.

JohnG

Post by JohnG » 03 Feb 2016, 17:30

The same thing happened to mine starting in November then getting progressively worse. I gave up replacing them when it got to every 4 or 5 days. Before then I had it for a year and 9 months, during which time I don't think I changed them at all. A review on Amazon mentioned the same problem. Netatmo support agreed it was not normal and If I bought it from them and it was within warranty to return for replacement or repair. (I didn't and it's not.)

Is it possible to buy a replacement outdoor module on it's own and connect it to the indoor module? However if that's possible - the catch might be if the fault is in the indoor module. Sadly I added a rain gauge at Xmas - pouring good money after bad it seems.

Return to “General questions”