Is there any support?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
chris112

Is there any support?

Post by chris112 » 03 Feb 2016, 21:51

Is there any support for netatmo products?
I have asked something the support and there is no answer for weeks.
I have to change my 5stars on amazon to one star or better 0 stars

klaktoveesedsteen

Re: Is there any support?

Post by klaktoveesedsteen » 04 Feb 2016, 11:06

In my experience to date, there is no support. I notified Netatmo in October 2015 that my outdoor module had failed after 9 months, and I've had to repeat that message several times. In return all I've received are 3 automated responses saying please be patient, and 3 messages appearing to come from two people in support (Sendy and Prasanth) who simply ask for my purchase invoice. Sendy has asked for it twice and I've now sent that invoice three times. Each time I respond there is silence. I have notified UK consumer protection organisations about this failure to honour the guarantee, which is illegal under UK and EU law.

indothai

Post by indothai » 07 Feb 2016, 03:13

Horrendous support. Their products aren't cheap, yet their tech support is 3rd rate. I opened a ticket with them on Jan 17, then a human response on Jan 27 requesting for access which I granted 1 day later. I followed up with them every few days with no response, and it's now Feb 7.

elprebse

Post by elprebse » 25 Feb 2016, 14:31

I have the same bad feelings with support.
Seems like they hope for things to disappear, if they stay silent long enough.

My experiences:

Jan 30, 2:52 pm: Opened a ticket
Feb 1, 9:31 am: Netatmo (Sendy) accepts the problem and asks for purchase invoices for warranty cover
Feb 1, 10:00 am: I email them copies of the invoices
<silence>
Feb 8, 8:33 am: I chase for an answer
<silence>
Feb 11, 11:22 am: I receive a return label and a message: "As soon as we receive your device, we will repair it and send it back to you."
Feb 17: The defective units arrive in France
<silence>
Feb 23: I chase for an update
<silence>
Feb 25: I chase again for an update

Another thought. Which professional (European) organisation would actually "repair" a € 59 (MRSP) part, instead of replacing it with the improved version? Doesn't seem cost effective.
When I worked in retail years back, my boss always said. "If you get troubles with your cash register, make sure you first pay back the exchange to the customer, and then solve the problem afterwards. Don't leave them waiting"

Itzafig

Post by Itzafig » 28 Feb 2016, 18:54

The only support I see is their regurgitated online solutions of (i) change battery; (ii) too close to main station; (iii) wifi needs fixing; and (iv) wall between outside module too thick. Problem began with outdoor module going down. Changed batteries (although battery installation instructions are unlclear) and have progressed to the entire system now not working. Response/help from company has been either silence or sending the above mentioned standard email "help" solutions.

This company is totally lacking in support.

rnucci

Post by rnucci » 01 Mar 2016, 08:04

elprebse wrote:I have the same bad feelings with support.
my exact feeling...
pursuing a cashback for a promotion activated 5 (FIVE) months ago
dozen of emails
and they get alive only when i solicit them, then back to sleep until my next email

so bad that a company realizes great products and then does not take care of customers with a terrible support :|

elprebse

Post by elprebse » 01 Mar 2016, 15:51

elprebse wrote:I have the same bad feelings with support.

My experiences:

Jan 30, 2:52 pm: Opened a ticket
Feb 1, 9:31 am: Netatmo (Sendy) accepts the problem and asks for purchase invoices for warranty cover
Feb 1, 10:00 am: I email them copies of the invoices
<silence>
Feb 8, 8:33 am: I chase for an answer
<silence>
Feb 11, 11:22 am: I receive a return label and a message: "As soon as we receive your device, we will repair it and send it back to you."
Feb 17: The defective units arrive in France
<silence>
Feb 23: I chase for an update
<silence>
Feb 25: I chase again for an update

Another thought. Which professional (European) organisation would actually "repair" a € 59 (MRSP) part, instead of replacing it with the improved version? Doesn't seem cost effective.
When I worked in retail years back, my boss always said. "If you get troubles with your cash register, make sure you first pay back the exchange to the customer, and then solve the problem afterwards. Don't leave them waiting"
UPDATE!
March 1: Today I received the 2 modules back from France. One has been repaired, the other has been swapped. I cross my fingers that battery comsumption is back to normal.

indothai

Post by indothai » 08 Mar 2016, 00:14

Support finally contacted me via email apologized for my inconvenience and requested access to fix the problem. 3 days later, the problem fixed.

I do hope that top management does provides the necessary resources to ensure that their support teams are well equipped to support their customer base. Judging by their netatmo weather map, they have a very large and global customer base.

Tischkante

Post by Tischkante » 11 Mar 2016, 18:12

The response time of my last support contact via email was 2 days. That's Ok for me.

mentalbob

Post by mentalbob » 04 May 2016, 20:41

I've sent a request and a followup and in the last 3 weeks, no response from their e-mail address. Is there a more immediate way to contact them?

Return to “General questions”