CO2 sensor went crazy

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Meteopark

CO2 sensor went crazy

Post by Meteopark »

The co2 sensor in an new extra indoor module went crazy, giving high co2 levels. At the begining it was approx. 400 ppm. Now it's measuring 2400 or more constantly. I've put it next to the main module and the difference is more or less of 2000 ppm between one and the other. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or is it broken and it's stopped working properly? I've taken the batteries out of the module, but when I put them back in it's still having the same problem.

Any ideas? Or should I return it?

Thanks
Stanley

Re: CO2 sensor went crazy

Post by Stanley »

Did You try to calibrate It?
Meteopark

Post by Meteopark »

Yes I did, and it didn't do anything. It's back to normal now... so I really don't know what happened to it.
ThorUsch

Post by ThorUsch »

...I have the same problem. At the moment I'm not at home but if I control Co2 it says 2900 ppm, normally it is between 400-500 ppm when not at home.
How to re-calibrate?
Dayve

Post by Dayve »

Mine was reading fine when I first got it. About two months old and the CO2 is slowly creeping up every day. I went out and bought a CO2 detector and placed it right beside the netatmo station. The new sensor reads around 300 ppm and the netatmo sensor reads 1200 ppm.
Tried to calibrate it multi able times with no luck. Even put it outside for a day. no difference.
What could be the problem? Is there a firmware update or something I could do?

Thanks
kbolte03

Post by kbolte03 »

I just received my base station and also purchased an extra indoor module and am having the same problem. My CO2 is reading fine on the base station, but 1600+ on the extra indoor station. They are sitting next to one another. I just set off a calibration, but it seems to only be calibrating the main unit sensor and not the extra indoor unit. Please help.
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

I have exactly the same problem, for a long time extra indoor module worked well, nowdays is showing extrmely high numbers for CO2. Calibration did not help, even put it outside for a day, always up to 5000 CO2. Crazy. So I have returned it where I purchased it and waiting for a settlement of my claim! (Money back or new unit...). Keep fingers crossed ! :?
1Welcome(v475), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(v251)

Return to “General questions”