Is Netatmo generally a very bad product?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
kepilla

Re: Is Netatmo generally a very bad product?

Post by kepilla » 29 Nov 2016, 17:10

Hi, I own:
- 1 netatmo weather (mail, external, additional internal and wind)
- 2 netatmo thermostat, and
- 1 netatmo welcome

In general I'm more than happy with all of them:
- weather station working for 1 year; only the wind gauge has gone 'out of batters'. The rest are at 60% or more
- the thermostats are working perfectly well. I'm willing to see the radiator valves
- i had one problem with the welcome camera and Netatmo sent me a new one with no-discussion, and even before receiving the old one

So.... I have recommended Netatmo to a couple of friends, and I'll continue buying and recommending them to my friends

(but... need to admit that the level of official information in the forum is low)

Regards

elprebse

Re: Is Netatmo generally a very bad product?

Post by elprebse » 01 Dec 2016, 10:42

kepilla wrote:Hi, I own:
[...]
In general I'm more than happy with all of them:
- weather station working for 1 year; only the wind gauge has gone 'out of batters'. The rest are at 60% or more
- the thermostats are working perfectly well. I'm willing to see the radiator valves
- i had one problem with the welcome camera and Netatmo sent me a new one with no-discussion, and even before receiving the old one

So.... I have recommended Netatmo to a couple of friends, and I'll continue buying and recommending them to my friends
[...]
I would be very cautious recommending these (weather station) products to friends, before you have gone through the first complete battery lifecycle and have had an open battery compartment.
Problems seems to start after that on outdoor units.
At least make your friends aware that other people seem to have fundamental problems, and aren't getting proper attention from the manufacturer to get them solved.
I am not on a mission at all, but a poor but honest review is worth a lot more to your friends, than a word from a customer, who hasn't had challenges. Balance + and - and make your decision.

Netatmo have now had my wind gauge for a month, which is the third product I have returned to France. You have also had a bad product to replace.
I have chased for an update 4 times, but haven't had a single response from them.
I have checked the "request email read" option in Outlook to make sure they receive it. They receive it and read it.

Again, this behavior to me is much, much worse than a bad product. It shows an organisation not suitable for B2C sale at all.

Return to “General questions”