Netatmo World map

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Handyman1983

Netatmo World map

Post by Handyman1983 » 09 Jan 2013, 00:04

On the stand in vegas, they show a world map with all the stations, there is a possibility to access this card?

It would also be nice if they have a map function to the forum so you can install also see where the stations of the other forum members.

Auf dem Messestand in vegas zeigen sie eine weltkarte mit allen Stationen , gibt es eine möglichkeit auf diese Karte zuzugreifen?

Es wäre auch sehr schön wenn sie eine Map funktion ins Forum einbauen so kann man auch sehen wo die Stationen der anderen Forummietglieder sind.

boyer

Re: Netatmo World map

Post by boyer » 09 Jan 2013, 05:01

Hi. It's not that difficult to read the URL in the address bar… ;)
So did I, but there is a security problem: it's too easy to find others' station and go and steal their exterior module! I hope F. Potter thought about that and an option like « Find my exterior module » will spawn in my(alpha).netatmo.com on day… :idea:
Fortunately, tho CO2 and noise data are not revealed!
Regards.
F. Boyer
(La Réunion : S 21.3746 - E 55.6290)

qqlapraline

Post by qqlapraline » 09 Jan 2013, 21:09

Hello,

Well, you might have a look at your settings (whether it's alpha or not) ;)
Look under "My Invitations" and the "Become a contributor" section...You will be able to choose to display your external temperature or not !

Great map by the way: I really love it.
Oh, finally, this crowdy map probably tells us that Netatmo is a success ! ;)

clevercode

Post by clevercode » 10 Jan 2013, 12:10

Care to share the URL - I have got https://[[GARBLED]] but cant work out the last part!!

Cheers! :D

tcsinos

Post by tcsinos » 11 Jan 2013, 19:20

Third atttempt, and voila:
https://[[GARBLED]]

;)

Despite my sensor has been shared since I got it back in december, it's not on the map.

Steph

Post by Steph » 12 Jan 2013, 13:24

Thanks for sharing the URL and I tried it. Saw the options at the botton but not even an empty map. Is it a problem with my browser or is the map offline now that the CES has finished?

qqlapraline

Post by qqlapraline » 12 Jan 2013, 13:35

Try to remove the "s" in https ;)

This link [[does not]] works perfectly.

Steph

Post by Steph » 12 Jan 2013, 14:06

Thanks.

If you can't find your sensor go to the location entry in your my.netatmo.com

For my station it was listed in a different City. When I navigated to the location specified there I could see my station.
I changed the location manually(Which I did before) but it still doesn't show up there in the wordlmap, even after pressing the button.

Schneewittchen

Post by Schneewittchen » 13 Jan 2013, 11:12

Hi,
This is a cool map. What is a bit strange is, that the map shows indoor temperature when you choose historical data.
Is this a bug or a feature? I remember, that there was an other thread where netatmo said, that they would not show indoor data.
Schneewittchen

qqlapraline

Post by qqlapraline » 13 Jan 2013, 13:06

Well, I cannot confirm that: I have tried several dates of history ("Retrieve" button) and the temperature is only the outside one.
This is the same for other stations around mine.
Oh, by the way, it's an alpha version: even though there were still some mistakes, we could forgive the guys from Netatmo, right ?

Return to “General questions”