Velux with Netatmo

Legrand, Velux, Muller...
valyno

Velux with Netatmo

Post by valyno »

Hello,

I have discovered the solution Velux with Netatmo, where you can drive the opening of the Velux in accordance with the Co2 sensor et remote control.

Question: I already have a Netatmo meter station (both indoor & outdoor module), the indoor module can measure the CO2 in the room.
It is possible to use this Netatmo Météo module or the Health Coach thing to drive the Velux?

If we have to by the sensor for Velux, will they appear in the Netatmo app on the cellphone? Will we be able to read their data from the app?

Thks
V
Hopper

Re: Velux with Netatmo

Post by Hopper »

I don’t think so, but am not an expert. I have purchased and installed the Velux controller and it works quite well. Since it reports temperature, CO2 and humidity, I wrote to ask if I can add an outdoor weather module since I already have the indoor info and was told the two systems do not work together. :-(
valyno

Post by valyno »

Thks Hopper for your feedback!

Netatmo is partnering as well with Legrand to propose wireless switch for lightsbulbs...
I guess, like the partnership with Velux, it will be a separate canal for home controlling ...

Instead of setting up a full home automation system with Netatmo app as the hub, they are building silos.... So stupid... within their own line of products!!!

I also have 3 Velux Integra with wireless controller (small screen, can control several Velux with one unit), schedule capabilities to open the Velux for ventilation, auto-close is rain is detected .. group Velux together etc...
I can't really see the added value of their solution if I can use my existing Meteo station to pilote the Velux...
Everybody wants its damn closed system to keep the customer captive rather than going open with other makers and deliver full customer experience ...
marcmare

Post by marcmare »

I fully endorse what Valyno wrote; it is not possible that customers who have already purchased Netatmo products are not favored to be able to use them even with Velux Active. We are obliged to buy double products! Absurd!
Taaranshi579

Post by Taaranshi579 »

Thanks for such a great information.

Return to “"With Netatmo" products”