Wind Speed values from MeteoGroup

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo Web application.
ST2008

Wind Speed values from MeteoGroup

Post by ST2008 »

Hi - after reading various post on the topic, I'm still not clear on exactly what wind-speed values are displayed in the 7 day forecast (and whether they are accurate). If I compare the Meteogroup wind speed for today (1bft = 1.1-5km/h) with what I see on the app 7 day forecast (48km/h), I could imagine that we are missing the decimal point (so it should read 4.8km/h). Can anyone confirm, or am I misintepreting?

Thanks!
ST2008

Re: Wind Speed values from MeteoGroup

Post by ST2008 »

So today Meteo says 1 bft and Netatmo says 26km/h - still looking for a decimal point...
Northender71

Post by Northender71 »

According to the manual, the forecast gives the wind gust speed. I also thought it looked high but looking at the met office data it seems to correlate.
sgroarke

Post by sgroarke »

Interesting, as I too have just noticed how high these are. And gust or not, for me they are utterly and completely absurd. Totally bonkers. According to the data, where I live (which is particularly noted for almost no wind at all - just between mountains and the sea) we get gusts every day of 50 or 60 km/h. Which is, as I say, laughably wrong. Totally ridiculous.
ST2008

Post by ST2008 »

Thanks for the feedback. I can't compare wind gust speeds with the meteo site as they are not available, but I had missed this in the manual. Regarding the "between the mountains and sea" wind speeds, I guess it depends where the Meteo weather station is. If it's on top of the mountain you might expect higher gusts.

Personally I would prefer average windspeed which is what Meteo presents itself on their site.
elprebse

Post by elprebse »

Have this issue ever been addressed?
The wind data in the forecast is still WAY too high. It is useless as it is.
PaulOnWetter

Post by PaulOnWetter »

I think it has not been addressed at all up to date.
Its now 05.09.2018 and I try to find out to compare real data at the same position of:
- an "old WMR 928 mechanical" wind gauge.
- a new Netatmo wind gauge.
Values are completely different (see: / ) in wind force and gusts!
Force: 0 / + 6 kts
Gust: 0 / +12 kts
Netatmo wind gauge seems to measure even
- "no wind at all" as a
- "flow of air from somewhere".
I wrote a report to NetAtmo and are waiting for a reply.

Return to “Weather Station Web Application”