Allow live feed remote access even without SD card

Suggestions, features and new ideas
camillo777

Allow live feed remote access even without SD card

Post by camillo777 »

Lately it happened that I was away for holiday and the SD card in the Welcome camera broke.
You have to know that the Welcome camera without a working SD card is useless, a rock, a brick...
JESUS!
Can I PLEASE JUST view the live feed even without recording, face detection, etc etc, just live feed?

WHY DO I NEED AN SD CARD TO VIEW THE LIVE VIDEO? :shock: :evil:
chipster

Re: Allow live feed remote access even without SD card

Post by chipster »

Bonjour

Je demande aussi la même fonctionnalité, voire même enregistrer/regarder les vidéos lorsque celles-ci sont envoyées stockées "ailleurs" style dropbox ou ftp.
c'est dommage d'avoir cette dernière fonctionnalité et d'avoir obligatoirement besoin d'une carte SD.

Merci bien
frav

Post by frav »

The same for Presence. If SD-card is broken, the camera is useless. So this is an important feature request. If it is supposed to be a security cam (Welcome & Presence). It need to have an accessible video-stream even if the local edge storage is broken, even if some features stops working. This since SD-cards breaks down sooner or later... and probably when you not at home...
Fredrik from Sweden
2x Netatmo Urban Weather Station, 6x indoor sensors, 2x Rain Gauge, 2x Wind Gauge
9x Netatmo Presence @ 64GB Kingston High Endurance microSDXC [R95/W30] (SDCE64GB)
Phil35

Post by Phil35 »

Hi,
I agree with the request, this is a valid request from a user point of view
Thanks
Phil35
Netatmo Weather Station + External module + Rain gauge + Internal smart cam + presence cam
mirko2002

Post by mirko2002 »

I agree.. My other IP cams does work with liveview without using an sd card. Just the recording option isn't available then. So it's definitely possible to programming this.
O.Rahn

Post by O.Rahn »

+1
2x Presence + 2x Welcome @ the startup :lol:

Return to “Feature requests”