Prefered access point

Suggestions, features and new ideas
maverick_i

Prefered access point

Post by maverick_i »

Hello,

I have the proposal to tell the camera a prefered mac access point to connect in the case there is a wifi mesh infrastructure.
In mesh configuration, the camera just connects to the first AP it finds, not the strongest one.
I sno prefered mac to connect with, then the camera can connect the way it connects now.

This can also be applied to the Outdoor camera.

I hope this can be taken into consideration.

Regards.
Regards.
Presence Camera x4 FW v3.2.0, Welcome Cameras x3 FW v5.1.2, Sensor Tags x6 FW58, Doorbell FW v2.18.0.
Weather Station V3 FW181, Outdoor Module FW50, + Rain Gauge FW12, Wind Gauge FW25, Indoor Modules x3 FW51.
Kamerakash

Re: Prefered access point

Post by Kamerakash »

+1
Hendrix1000

Post by Hendrix1000 »

Hello,

the intention of a Wifi-Mesh is, that it appears as "one network" and because of this a preferred access point is not useful. But the mesh AND the cam should also support "active mesh steering". That means, that the mesh-master should be able to (re-)direct a wifi-device to use a specific access point in case of the signal is significant better than the currently used AP.

I have just updated my Fritz!Box 7490 to the lab-version 07.19-74231 which supports "active mesh steering", but it seems, that the indoor-cam has some problems with it. The cam re-connects several times per day.

Regards
O.Rahn

Post by O.Rahn »

+1
2x Presence + 2x Welcome @ the startup :lol:

Return to “Feature requests”