Geofencing

Erwan_Netatmo

Re: Geofencing

Post by Erwan_Netatmo »

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback our team identified the issue and working on fixing it.

Regards,

Erwan.
Erwan - Netatmo Android Team
Erwan_Netatmo

Post by Erwan_Netatmo »

Hi,

We are beta testing a new version of security (3.0.5) which contain a fix for this issue.
For those in the beta program could you tell us if you seeing any improvement regarding the detection of your home leaving when the geofencing is activated.

Regards,

Erwan.
Erwan_Netatmo

Post by Erwan_Netatmo »

Hello,

We are deploying the version 3.0.5 that should fix this issue, if you already got the update and if you experience this issue, could you tell us if this issue is fixed for you.

Regards,

Erwan.
ubik

Post by ubik »

I have 3.0.5.9 and the issue of non working geofencing is still there
tony_P

Post by tony_P »

Sadly 3.0.5.9 is worse than previous version. With previous version it did not detect that I had left home until I opened the App for a few seconds. Now the App has to be open for some time, and occasionally my absence has not been detected at all. Back in the early days this feature was perfect. Shame that you can't hunt back through the code history to find a working version.
Erwan_Netatmo

Post by Erwan_Netatmo »

Hello,

Unfortunately the phone manufacturer are modifying android OS to aggressively save battery. They are blocking apps to run in background, they are blocking apps to start them self at boot or use geolocation API in background.
If you have a pure android phone (nexus, pixel) you shouldn't have any issue regarding the geofencing, if so can you try to deactivate and then reactivate the geofencing ?

If you don't have a Google phone you may have to manually white list our app for our app to works normally in background and to detect when you are leaving your home.
Please follow instruction on this website https://dontkillmyapp.com/ depending on your phone manufacturer to white list the security application, deactiavte and reactivate the geofencing and tell us if it improves your experience.

Be aware that for security concern the geofencing is only used to detect when you are leaving your home. (The detection of you coming back is done by the cameras)

Regards,

Erwan
tony_P

Post by tony_P »

Still same issue,but worse. Never works. Always have to manually tell app that I have left. All my other apps know exactly where I am. Surely this should not be difficult to solve.
Erwan_Netatmo

Post by Erwan_Netatmo »

Hello Tony,

Sorry to hear that in your case the geofencing is still an issue, for most of our client the patch we deployed works.

To be able to target specifically what's happening in your case, could you send me in private detail about your phone as your model and the version of android.

Regards,

Erwan.
tony_P

Post by tony_P »

Hi Erwan. I have Galaxy S7 running Android 8.0.0 and Samsung Experience 9.0.
For some reason, over the past week Geofencing has finally been running correctly and reliably. Has your patch been deployed recently? If the problem returns I will go to dontkillmyapp to check my settings (I had missed your post about that for some reason). Maybe Samsung has sorted it, or maybe I inadvertently made a correct setting change. Thanks

Return to “Android”