Automatically Turn Monitoring Back On

Suggestions, features and new ideas
chapmania

Automatically Turn Monitoring Back On

Post by chapmania » 04 Mar 2019, 21:13

I am very impressed with your product and app.

I would find it very useful to have the capability to automatically turn monitoring back on after a specified time period when manually turning monitoring off. For example, I have a gardening service come every week. Since they park and work in the alert area of my camera, I get continuous people alerts as they work in the area. It would be great if I was able to temporarily turn monitoring off and have it automatically turn back on after a user-specified time period (e.g., one hour, two hours, etc.)

Thanks for considering this.

fsf976

Re: Automatically Turn Monitoring Back On

Post by fsf976 » 05 Mar 2019, 21:18

chapmania wrote:I am very impressed with your product and app.

I would find it very useful to have the capability to automatically turn monitoring back on after a specified time period when manually turning monitoring off. For example, I have a gardening service come every week. Since they park and work in the alert area of my camera, I get continuous people alerts as they work in the area. It would be great if I was able to temporarily turn monitoring off and have it automatically turn back on after a user-specified time period (e.g., one hour, two hours, etc.)

Thanks for considering this.
We would like this also. For us, a great automatic option would be to re-enable monitoring when the light dims enough that the flood light would be activated when motion is detected (we use these as flood lights after all but sometimes one of us will come home while the cameras are off and can't see).

But failing that, being able to set the cameras to re-activate at 5pm every night would be very useful.

We'd also find it useful to be able to set the cameras so that the flood light is always monitoring. We disable monitoring because we don't always want actions recorded, however the cameras also replaced flood lights which we always want to activate when they see motion so an option where 'disable monitoring' doesn't disable the flood light functionality would also be very useful.

Thanks

stefannetatmo

Post by stefannetatmo » 12 Mar 2019, 18:18

These are really good ideas.

But above all, it is important that the monitoring can be time-controlled.

For example, you should only be able to monitor from 7 pm to 7 am. If the surveillance is permanent, our family members are constantly monitored/recorded on the terrace and in the garden. We deliberately do not want that. Disabling and reactivating monitoring manually is very cumbersome. And the activation is then constantly forgotten.

Thank you very much.

FredrikSwe

Post by FredrikSwe » 04 Jun 2019, 15:25

I'd also like to have this type of feature. During the summer we spend a lot of time in the garden and have to turn off the camera to not get bombarded with notifications. Sometimes we forget to activate the cameras again which then kind of loses the purpose of having the camera. I'm in general very happy with the camera but several other cameras has this type of functionality (and even together with knowing if you are home or not using the app in the phone).

Jerome33

Post by Jerome33 » 30 Jun 2019, 06:27

Yes, that is a good Point. It would be good if the camera automatically turn on or turn off the recording depending if I come home or leave home. For example through location tracking (gps).

Thanks for your help

Return to “Feature requests”