IR settings: on/off/auto

Suggestions, features and new ideas
moises

IR settings: on/off/auto

Post by moises »

I want to be able change the settings of the IR lights just like for the Welcome cameras.
Saris7483

Re: IR settings: on/off/auto

Post by Saris7483 »

+1 for this!
foxtom

Post by foxtom »

I'm looking forward to this setting being available !
Phreet

Post by Phreet »

Also support this!
fantasticn

Post by fantasticn »

I am running three Netatmo Presence Cameras around my home. I was able to measure 3 Watts in idle mode (surveillance/motion detection off), 5 Watts at daytime (suveilance/motion detection on), 17 Watts at nightime (surveilance/motion detection on) and 22 Watts with floodlight. The problem is that energy prices have been going up significantly in Europe and they surely will even more in the future. While 3/5 Watts at daytime and the 22 Watts for the floodlight are totally acceptable the 17 Watts at nighttime are much too high. They significantly increase the energy costs especially if you are running the cameras on a 24/7 basis (what you will usually do). It seems quite obvious that the higher power consumption of the camera at nightime is caused by the IR lights that offer nightview. So it would be great if you could offer an option to just have them turned on when (a) live view is in usage or (b) a motion was detected and floodlight is set to off. Because the rest of the time you are just paying for the IR lights that you do not use.

Anyway, you need to come up with some kind of "energy sparing" firmware if you do not want to be pushed out of the market by the batterie and solar based camera systems like Blink, Ring, Arlo etc. which - of course - offer much lower power consumption (especially if you compare the night time usage).
foxtom

Post by foxtom »

+1 !
So sad not implemented yet ...

Return to “Feature requests”