Critical Alerts iOS

Suggestions, features and new ideas
Lpope

Critical Alerts iOS

Post by Lpope »

Hello, Can we have Critical Alerts option for the Camera in iOS ? Its not available unless you have smoke alarm installed. I would like to be alerted if there is someone outside at night. I can't have this and all my emails coming in at all times of the day.
Thank you
GEORGzer

Re: Critical Alerts iOS

Post by GEORGzer »

I believe that feature has strict restrictions from Apple for what it can be used for.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello,
Critical alerts are used for smoke detection notifications as well as siren starts sounding notifications.
As GEORGzer mentions, it has strict restrictions and is to be used only for critical situations.
Jofre - Netatmo Team
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Thanks jofre

@Lpope
That means if you get the siren, not only will you have something to scare intruders away at night, but you will be able to receive critical notifications that way.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
Lpope

Post by Lpope »

I already have outdoor Camera with Siren but no critical alert :(
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

You mean the version with the build-in siren?
Maybe the app still needs an update and right now only supports critical alerts on the stand-alone siren.

@jorde_netatmo will have to answer that question for us.

Not a Netatmo employee
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

You will receive the alert when the siren starts sounding. If you make it sound from your app, you will not receive the alert since you are the user that triggered it. However, if someone else in your Home makes the siren sound, then you will receive the notification on your phone.
Jofre - Netatmo Team
Lpope

Post by Lpope »

Thank you Jofre,
so I have indoor camera and siren as well now. Will Critical Alert work and alert me at night if the outside camera detects movement of a person?
Shame Apple thinks I cannot decide what I can be alerted for....
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

The outdoor camera cannot automatically trigger the Siren so unfortunately you will not receive a critical alert in that case.
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Return to “Feature requests”