Record in color at night instead of black and white when the floodlight is on

Suggestions, features and new ideas
fani

Record in color at night instead of black and white when the floodlight is on

Post by fani »

Hello,

Is there a way to set the outdoor camera to record in color at night instead of black and white when the floodlight is on.
One cas tells the camera to switch on the flood light when a person is detected. In such case, as the flood light is on, the IR vision should switch off so the recording is in color.
It's an important feature as we lost a lots of details when recording in black and white. What to tell to the police about the outfit color of the intruder, his car color and so on.

Thanks.
Devian

Re: Record in color at night instead of black and white when the floodlight is on

Post by Devian »

I am having the same issue, have u found a solution yet?
Too bad, i like the camera but missing the option to have color-video at night makes me want to sell this thing and buy a other ones that can do this. For this price-point video with color at night-times should at least be a option in the menu (as it has a flood-light).
Petruskie

Re: Record in color at night instead of black and white when the floodlight is on

Post by Petruskie »

An option to activate/deactivate infra red signal could be the solution. :-) in that case you have everything in color. The detection is less as with infra red activated.
4 outdoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
4 indoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
1 smart door bell
2 smart thermostats (7 valves, relay)
2 Smart weather stations with 3 indoor outdoor wind,rain module
5 smoke alarm
2 carbon monoxide

Return to “Feature requests”