Mesh network support

Suggestions, features and new ideas
jmjlai

Mesh network support

Post by jmjlai »

Netatmo Support informed me that mesh networks are not currently optimal for their cameras.
Their suggestion was to configure my mesh node's 2.4GHz band as a separate SSID, which is not possible with my system.
I suspect many people will be in the same position as me, where they want to install cameras on the corners of their home, where wifi to a single central AP is not possible.
Adding support for mesh wi-fi networks would greatly increase camera connection stability and usability.
megbo_b

Re: Mesh network support

Post by megbo_b »

+1
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

I was really surprised that this was not supported when I installed my doorbell. I had to use a separate access point especially for it to function. All my other devices, be it a camera or anything else from other brands do not seem to have issues with Mesh networks. The good thing is I just bought a Netatmo weather station that also doesn't work with my mesh network so that doorbell now has company on it's special network.
Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino »

i've mesh wifi at home and both weather station and valves relay don't have any issues. Connected at first try and never experienced disconnections. My mesh is based on tp-link deco m4 devices
andr3a888

Post by andr3a888 »

I've a mesh based on Fritz!Box 7530 and Fritz!Repeater 1200 and i don't have any issues with the cameras
jmjlai

Post by jmjlai »

For reference, I have an Asus RT-AC86U router and RP-AC55 mesh node.
Prior to installing the mesh node, I had a very slow and poor connection, but only experienced 1 disconnection for weeks (during a heavy rain storm).
With the mesh node, live video quality and transfer speeds are better, but the outdoor cam disconnections 1-3 times per day for 30 minutes to a couple hours.
TommasoSan

Post by TommasoSan »

+1
We need 802.11v/k but I think that this is an hardware limitation.
NAC Beta Tester
Mac: 70:ee:50:94:65:32
Mac: 70:ee:50:94:65:9c
Product firmware version: 1015
OS Version: iOS 16.4.1
Netatmo Home+Control app version used: 2.23 (189)
peraburek

Post by peraburek »

problems with TP Link DECO Mesh, Netatmo Presence choose weaker AP for no reason

Return to “Feature requests”