The New Home + Security Webapp is available!

niconetatmo

The New Home + Security Webapp is available!

Post by niconetatmo »

Hi all,

I'm very proud to announce the release of the first version of the completely redesigned Home + Security webapp! You can access it with the following link: https://home.netatmo.com
This new webapp displays a lot of new features while removing the less-used features that you can still access on your mobile app, to significantly improve the overall navigation; monitor all of your cameras and accessories on the same page, play your Smart Video Doorbell live stream with 2-way audio, use your keyboard to control video players, and even use the webapp in dark mode.

I'd be very happy to hear your feedback on this new interface, please tell us anything that you prefer or not compared to the legacy webapp, any bug you experience, any feature you're missing,...

Thanks a lot and enjoy!

Nicolas
rjchewey

Re: The New Home + Security Webapp is available!

Post by rjchewey »

How do you configure the cams on the new site? I want to change the detection zones.
kiboost

Post by kiboost »

Pretty useless, please put back the previous webapp !!

where are:

- Editing surveillance state ? Maybe also a global home state ?
- Drawing camera zone (it's time for polygon zone) ?
- Editing light intensity / state ?
- Editing Presence siren state ?
- Filtering event by type ?
- Filtering event by camera ?
- Delete or correct an event ? Actually we can just see it, and can do nothing on person event ?
- Saying a person is there or leaved ? Create new profil, editing existing, be able to have even more ??
- Reordering cameras to appears as we want also in smartphone apps ?

We cant even correct a false detection :o Did someone at Netatmo ever tried to define zone on an iPhone :shock: Can't be serious ....
php-simpleNetatmoAPI Simple to use php API based on official API.
fero123

Post by fero123 »

Fully agree with kiboost.
Security Webapp was big differentiator compare to other solutions based just on mobile app.
Please put back previous webapp. At least a an option to current useless one. New was is BIG step back.

So far I could accept fails like "live" stream, no support for tags on Presense after months of promises, but this webapp fail is too big.

I use weather station, welcome cam + 4xtag + siren, 4xPresence + other 2 Presence cameras ready to install.
finnchri

Post by finnchri »

I fully agree with 'kiboost' and ' fero123'.

The new webdesign is almost useless and implements numerous errors (for example language issues) - please restore the previous version as soon as possible!
Just to make it worse, the site is down this morning due to expired security certificates.

This is not very impressive and totally out of line with the much better quality level on your other products (weather & energy).
What happened to your SW quality/test department?

Together with the camera motion detection issues in the recent camera firmware release, this brings the product value down to zero for me.
Even as an IR motion light control, it fails totally now.

Sorry to be so negative - but the current low quality level is totally out of line with my experience with your products for the last 3-4 years.
bdormael

Post by bdormael »

finnchri wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 09:55 I fully agree with 'kiboost' and ' fero123'.

The new webdesign is almost useless and implements numerous errors (for example language issues) - please restore the previous version as soon as possible!
Just to make it worse, the site is down this morning due to expired security certificates.

This is not very impressive and totally out of line with the much better quality level on your other products (weather & energy).
What happened to your SW quality/test department?

Together with the camera motion detection issues in the recent camera firmware release, this brings the product value down to zero for me.
Even as an IR motion light control, it fails totally now.

Sorry to be so negative - but the current low quality level is totally out of line with my experience with your products for the last 3-4 years.
The worst part is there is not even a minimum effort to give support, I’ve raised a ticket 3 months ago, still waiting for a response, and if I see all the complaints on these forums and nobody even answers from Netatmo….

I’ve bought recently Eufy cams and had a problem with it, the support team answered within one day and solved the problem within a couple of days
finnchri

Post by finnchri »

Actually, NetAtmo support did respond very quickly to a 'Ticket', that I raised with almost the same text as in my previous post (response inside two hours - quite impressive).

Unfortunately, they believe that the new 'webapp' is an improvement.
I completely disagree, but it seems that more users need to provide feedback before they realize that they are mistaken.

Response from support:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Netatmo.
The Home + Security Webapp has been totally redesigned to improve your experience and the security of your data.
Based on an in-depth analysis of your usage of the Webapp, only the most used and most relevant features for the web have been kept.
The new Home + Security Webapp is refined to optimize your experience around the features that really matter like viewing past events or live streaming.
Features that were used by only few users like alert zones, cameras monitoring control, floodlight control and most settings have been dropped from the Webapp to simplify the interface.
In addition, we've added the ability to view snapshots from all your cameras on the same interface, live streaming of the Smart Video Doorbell with two-way audio and dark mode.
All Home + Security features are still available on your Android and iOS apps.
Regarding the certificate, we are on it and this should be fixed very soon.
We are very sorry for the inconcevience this might cause.
fero123

Post by fero123 »

Dear Netatmo team,

could you please confirm if you consider to return to the previous webapp with all its functionality or there is no way back ?
There is a Black Friday in front of us, so it's good to know if we shall look around to swap the cameras.

Thanks a lot.
matryx75

Post by matryx75 »

Good evening,
with this new update it has become impossible to configure and set the camera, I hope you will return to the old web page as soon as possible.
Phil35

Post by Phil35 »

+1 - back to previous interface please
Netatmo Weather Station + External module + Rain gauge + Internal smart cam + presence cam

Return to “Web App (my.netatmo.com)”