Going offline/stops working

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
thbo

Re: Going offline/stops working

Post by thbo »

Mine started doing this yesterday after weeks of working fine (except not always notifying of people In front of it). For about 15 minutes then online again. Well still waiting for it to come online now.

Interestingly, netatmo at the same time is reporting that systems are down in their system status.
netatmo_newb

Post by netatmo_newb »

Suggestion: LImit the APs to 1, 6 or 11...never use any other channels in between...due to interferences....(also not 13).

Maybe it helps....
syepes

Post by syepes »

I am also in the same case and using the UDM-PRO + U6-LR + UAP-nanoHD, the AP are located at less the 3 meters from the doorbell but it can not stay connected for more then 1 or 2h :-(
The doorbell has its own dedicated SSID exclusively set for 2.4GHz only and I have tried every possible setting (Manual channel selection, disabling all the settings, DTIM..) but can get it to work in a stable way.

These are the settings I am using, does any one have any suggestions?

iondarie

Post by iondarie »

@syepes i have UCKG2 + UAP AC PRO x 2 + UAP AC Light, i have tried different channels separate SSID with only 2.4Ghz but nothing works. It works for a while and then it goes mad for example in the last 4-5 days it keept connecting/disconnecting sometimes even 10-15 times/hour. At the moment it is connected for 21hours i can see the camera in the Security app but in Homekit it is not responding.

As a test i took 1 of my UAP AC PRO and mounted it 1 meter away with absolutely no obstacles between them and it would still have issues.

Netatmo launched an unfinished product of poor quality with 0 support for the poor suckers who purchased it. Constant wifi dropping, low video quality, minuscule wifi range and the list could go on endlessly.
syepes

Post by syepes »

We are on the same page :-)
I don't think it's a wifi setting nor strength issue, the Doorbell Software must have some severe issues.

@Netatmo just need to fix this, please give us more details

Return to “General questions”