Status Red LED

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Peppi

Status Red LED

Post by Peppi »

Hello,
on my doorbell, the red LED is permanently lit. The bell works without problems. In HomeKit, the message camera is used by another device. Thus, only the thumbnail is available. Does anyone know the problem or better how do I get it away? Because I know at the beginning when I first put the bell into operation, the LED was blue and when it was recorded red. And in HomeKit, she was also visible as a large picture.
Thank you for your help
sybren

Re: Status Red LED

Post by sybren »

Red light means that the camera is being used.
HomeKit also seems to think that, like you mentioned. You could try rebooting (turning the power off for two minutes).
- Used to own Netatmo Outdoor Camera
- Used tot own Netatmo Video Doorbell (beta)
- Used to own Netatmo Smoke Sensors (3x)
- Invited to beta test Netatmo door lock, but declined because of (missing) features
- Netatmo Weather Station v4 + Rain Sensor
54VS

Post by 54VS »

Hi Peppi

Did you ever manage to resolve this? I'm having the same issue. The LED was blue however is now always red which means camera is being used. I've looked online but can not find any info on this.

Salvatore
av77

Post by av77 »

My doorbell has recently been "always red" too, however I can stream the video without any issues. I checked all of my devices, none was showing the stream, but it still looked like a device is actively streaming.
I power-cycled it and everything was normal again. However, it just started two days ago, so I suspect it will happen again after another power-cycle. Any ideas?
DaveV

Post by DaveV »

I have the same issue for a few weeks now. Before the led was solid blue (homekit), but now it is solid red. Everything works fine, i have live feed in sec app and home app, can view videos in sec app and home app, get notifications, can answers calls. So everything is great …. Except the solid red led.

Nobody is live viewing and because everything works there are no issues with the electrical installation.

Any suggestions ….

@av77 … what do you mean with “I power-cycled it”? Do you mean take off the power for 2 mins and let it restart? Can you just do that without screwing up the installation ;-)?
Jeroeng

Post by Jeroeng »

here the same the let stays red no apps are watching. where is the blue light????
- MAC address: 70:ee:50:94:65:6b
- OS version: IOS 16.4 (20E5229e)
- Netatmo Home+Control app version: 2.22.0 (177)
- Product firmware version: 194
~Netatmo controler g94656b
loekf

Post by loekf »

DaveV wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 18:48 I have the same issue for a few weeks now. Before the led was solid blue (homekit), but now it is solid red. Everything works fine, i have live feed in sec app and home app, can view videos in sec app and home app, get notifications, can answers calls. So everything is great …. Except the solid red led.

Nobody is live viewing and because everything works there are no issues with the electrical installation.

Any suggestions ….

@av77 … what do you mean with “I power-cycled it”? Do you mean take off the power for 2 mins and let it restart? Can you just do that without screwing up the installation ;-)?
That’s why I have a 12V bell transformer connected to regular power socket.

There is a small battery inside the doorbell. It gets charged when there is no bell rang. When somebody rings the bell, it supplies the Netatmo unit because it is briefly disconnected from the transformer.

If you disconnect the Netatmo for several minutes the battery gets discharged and when plugged back in it will restart.
av77

Post by av77 »

@DaveV: yes, just disconnect it for 2 minutes. Still works after reconnecting. At least for me.

It has been working for a week now without red light after the last power cycle now. Fingers crossed.
DaveV

Post by DaveV »

av77 wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 17:41 @DaveV: yes, just disconnect it for 2 minutes. Still works after reconnecting. At least for me.

It has been working for a week now without red light after the last power cycle now. Fingers crossed.
@av77, thanks for the reply.

So then I will have to try this. I am very anxious because I had a lot of issues with the doorbell before and now it is finally working as it should, the red led came up 😩

But does anyone know why the red led is coming up at several installations as we can read in this thread. Has there been a firmware update or something?

Support from Netatmo isn’t the best as I have noticed with my issues with this doorbell (a lot of installation problems and within a year it just stopped working at all - had it replaced by the reseller) and the Welcome camera (which also stopped working completely after just 2 years - was replaced with a refurbished Welcome by Netatmo after a long mail discussion).
av77

Post by av77 »

I had the red light issue today again. It was solid red after someone rang the doorbell and no one answered the call while I was at the door.

I immediately checked all my devices for open streams, however I could not find any device streaming from the doorbell. I then checked my Apple TVs, opened the doorbell camera streams, closed them, and disabled the ability to receive notifications from the doorbell. Then, all of a sudden, the red light was gone and it was all good again with a solid blue light. Unfortunately, I cannot tell 100% what disabled the red light and reset it to blue.

my suspicion is that the Apple TV causes the issue. It happened today when there was music playing on my HomePods connected to the Apple TV (TV was off, just music was playing through stereo paired HomePods, the doorbell was set to ring on the HomePods, too). I assume that when the doorbell was pressed, the gong was played and *perhaps* the Apple TV opened the stream in the background, as it does for preview when it is connected to the TV and someone rings the doorbell. Maybe it is then requesting a preview stream which is indicated by the solid red light.

But…that’s just an idea. I will report back once I can confirm this. Maybe you can spot some similarities.

Return to “General questions”