What to expect from Netatmo

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Xtasy

Re: What to expect from Netatmo

Post by Xtasy »

My doorbell does the quick green led showing booting and then switches over to a glowing green light. It seems to be bricked. I am less then happy with the situation as it seems nobody has a solution, the manual isn’t very clear neither.

I already drilled the holes into the wall to mount it and reading this topic I am debating if this doorbell was really a good purchase.

I don’t get how a company in 2020 can think that simply ignoring communities asking for some communication is the way to go. For 300 Euro I am expecting a lot more transparency from them
davinci

Post by davinci »

I agree with you. They will probably learn if the customers send the devices back in masses.
quicksander

Post by quicksander »

I’m afraid I should have read this before buying...
Very recognizable comments. Previews show, but now I’m stuck with a doorbell not being able to show the video.
Nothing changed in my configuration and my doorbell is one meter away from my UniFi router.

When initially installed it worked fine sort of, when neglecting the massive jpeg compression artifacts, the slow response time, etc.
davinci

Post by davinci »

This is getting ridicolous. No word from Netatmo on that crappy situation.
syepes

Post by syepes »

Just a crappy product, when I get the opportunity I'll sell mine and go with DoorBird
rongstad

Post by rongstad »

I have only had mine for about a week, but I feed the same way. It doesn't detect anyone until they are walking away (if then) and I get notified 10-15 times every night of "person detected" when there is nothing at all on the video.
ejhardin

Post by ejhardin »

Same here on all points stated above. I just got this and want to return it but not allowed. The Netatmo website states that I need to email which I’ve done and they’re ignoring me.
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

We are one year on from this thread and I have to say I feel mostly the same. Some parts of the software have improved but still the general feeling ins the same. One person even jokingly said that at this rate HKSV would arrive at the end of 2021, haha
syepes

Post by syepes »

Ohh ya in my case its been more then 2 weeks and my doorbell is disconnected from the WIFI, I have just got F*ing tired of the hardware resetting.
I am heavenly invested in the netatmo stuff but this is just too much! to handle.
Peter8319

Post by Peter8319 »

I bought mine in November 2020 thinking that I can wait a few months haha!

Return to “General questions”