What to expect from Netatmo

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
dvidal8

Re: What to expect from Netatmo

Post by dvidal8 »

Timo wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 10:04 Most of the comments are recognisable and at times I feel the same way.
A thing that could help a lot is communication. We, the consumers and users of the doorbell, are left in the dark.
A little perspective and a rough timeline on when to expect a new firmware update and what issues will be solved would go a long way.
More insight in what features they are working on/testing is also much appreciated and might take away frustration of some us.
I couldn’t agree more with this post.
klaasvs31

Post by klaasvs31 »

Unfortunately I feel the same way about the product and the quality of the doorbell is not at all what I have been expecting for a EUR 300 doorbell..
Video quality is very bad, motion detection is very slow and you normally only see somebody's back when they walk away.
Answering the doorbell when I'm not at home on the same wifi is extremely slow and almost always end up in a connection error, not being able to speak to the person ringing my doorbell. The doorbell has many disconnects without any reason while the wifi connection is very good...

How long do we have to wait for some decent solutions, if they come at all... I'm starting to lose my patience a little actually while we are being kept in the dark about future updates or issues which are going to be resolved.

The only positive at the moment is the actual design of the doorbell unfortunately..
Flyer007

Post by Flyer007 »

Indeed, the lack of communications is ridiculous. I see and increasing amount of Doorbells being sold on classified add sites... Mine will be one of them very soon. I think if you forget about the whole Apple integration and use the Netatmo native app, it is an ok-ish product with a nice design but not for 300 euro's. And with the first positive reviews of the Logitech doorbell with full Homekit support appearing online, I can't wait for replacing mine...
Lolomat87

Post by Lolomat87 »

i bought the camera, because it was the first video doorbell with local storage and homekit integration.
It was a little bit hyped by smarthome and tech youtubers.
I don't really understand why key features don't work from the beginning. Why is there no 1080p Video?
Why don't i see a LIVE Video in the App? In Homekit, Livevideo Works. Sometimes the picture and sound quality is very poor even with good Wifi Conditions.
davinci

Post by davinci »

If they can't fix it they should take it back, right?
Flyer007

Post by Flyer007 »

5694688F-1F09-42EC-A3C5-0A98CFCF8754.jpeg
5694688F-1F09-42EC-A3C5-0A98CFCF8754.jpeg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1639 times
This is how it is to supposed to look Mr Legrand; image by night from the Logitech Doorbell. No compression artifacts, no noisy blurred image and instantaneous notifications with face recognition (including announcements via my Homepod). It can be done! I still like the Netatmo design better...
Lolomat87

Post by Lolomat87 »

Wow! This looks a lot better and has higher resolution, but i believe the face recognition is done through the Komekit Secure Video Support (which is missing atm)
I would really like to manually switch between IR Mode an Color Mode.
klaus53

Post by klaus53 »

I could not agree more with all comments & statements here. The situation is completely inacceptable: Netatmo shipped a product which does not match the promised feature set and quality. Not only that, it is very unreliable, simply unusable as a video doorbell (slow response, if at all ...). And there seems to be no progress at all from Netatmo to fix all these issues. So far I received only one firmware update (v80), and that's it. They need to come up at least with a statement of direction. I expect to hear if and when this all will finally be fixed to get a functional product. Otherwise, I think all consumers have the right to return this piece of s..t. Very disappointing. Will be interesting when the Logitech video doorbell will be available in Germany. This will kill the Netatmo business with their toy story!
Petruskie

Post by Petruskie »

My door bell goes back. Tomorrow, I spent several hours to get the bell working in the app without success. All the other products from netatmo works fine. It is very very bad for their reputation. I will wait for a new bell with a better quality. Strange, because I see a lot of members who tested the bell in beta. With this quality.
4 outdoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
4 indoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
1 smart door bell
2 smart thermostats (7 valves, relay)
2 Smart weather stations with 3 indoor outdoor wind,rain module
5 smoke alarm
2 carbon monoxide
davinci

Post by davinci »

I will probably send it back as well.

Do NOT buy this doorbell!

Return to “General questions”