Not detecting persons

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
davinci

Not detecting persons

Post by davinci »

The device is NOT detecting any movement of persons. Today it missed the delivery man and myself twice. The camera is online and I can reach it through the app. Alert Zone is set and notification and storage of video for people activated.

What is wrong now??? This is essential. :evil: :roll:
There was a recent update a few days ago... it worked once since.
davinci

Re: Not detecting persons

Post by davinci »

Why am I not detected when walking towards the camera???
Lolomat87

Post by Lolomat87 »

In my case, the camera has a huge delay from the point where es person is in front of the camera to the point when it records. For example I mainly see the postman walking away.
davinci

Post by davinci »

Yes I have this as well. Seems like sometimes it is so slow to not even catch the postman at all.
rongstad

Post by rongstad »

I agree, it is only starting to record when someone walks away, it then. Also my "live" feed in the Netatmo app does appear to be live, it only updates once a minute or so. When I go into Home Kit, it's always live. I have posted a couple questions to in the help section of the web site but have not received any response.
bazzer

Post by bazzer »

I agree too> It is so slow at triggering that no matter what detection zones I set, the device triggers only on the person after walking away from the camera and that’s after spending at least 2- 3 seconds walking to the camera up the drive from 30ft. No improvement either with latest firmware 82 that uploaded last night. I also have the presence camera with siren looking across the same area and that triggers immediately. Obviously image change recognition software in the doorbell is far to slow to be useable. I also agree that when pressed, the doorbell needs to open a face time type call display not a notification as the delays cause me to miss the caller every time. Not good and not as advertised in the brochure.
jmnetatmo

Post by jmnetatmo »

I have the same issue. latest firmware 82. Alert zones set to max. Path is to the side of the house, so you can actually leave house and if you are fast nothing is even recorded.

Same with people coming, while it triggers if the person waits at the door - you can't see them coming. Entirely possible a delivery person comes drops off or takes something and leaves and it never records.
klaus53

Post by klaus53 »

Instead of detecting persons (which is misses all the time, detects them when they walk away), it detects snowfall now as "persons" all the time (firmware v82). No way to "adjust" successfully (with the tap on the icon in the timeline and according actions). The whole detection algorithm is useless and MUST be reworked by Netatmo.
bazzer

Post by bazzer »

An answer - Algorithm needs a manual selection. Based on a response from Netatmo we at least now know why it misses detections. This is because Netetmo have put a two second filter on door detections to avoid false alarms before flagging a notification. Hence there needs to be a campaign to make this filter user selectable based on their installation geometry for those where the trigger may only occur too late after visiting the front door and only seeing their back eg postman. Thanks to “soul core” posting in his VPN 30sec dropout feedback from Netatmo from this pice of info.
klaus53

Post by klaus53 »

Yes, +1 here, and please an option to "revert to original algorithm" (as I wrote in a reply to another discussion).

Return to “General questions”