Door bell not functioning but has blue light

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
fsf976

Door bell not functioning but has blue light

Post by fsf976 »

I installed the doorbell 2 weeks ago and it worked perfectly until this weekend. It has a blue light on it and I've not got a 'disconnected' message in the app but the it's saying configure wifi on the main screen. however if I go in to settings to manage the door bell, it says it has 3/4 to full signal strength (which it's alway had and is only 12 ft from our wifi router so signal strength isn't an issue).

I don't understand why the app isn't showing a disconnected event in it's timeline but saying configure network and video unavailable on the display for it.

Pressing the button rings the chime but no notifications.

Any ideas?

Thanks
megbo_b

Re: Door bell not functioning but has blue light

Post by megbo_b »

Have you done a power cycle? i.e. turn off the power at the fuse box. Leave it for 5 minutes and switch on again? If not I’d give that a go. Doing this has solved a few issues for my doorbell.
fsf976

Post by fsf976 »

megbo_b wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 16:33 Have you done a power cycle? i.e. turn off the power at the fuse box. Leave it for 5 minutes and switch on again? If not I’d give that a go. Doing this has solved a few issues for my doorbell.
Thanks. I had power-cycled but only for 30 seconds a couple of times. I've now left it off for 5 minutes and touch-wood, it's working correctly again now.
e1l52

Post by e1l52 »

I got exactly the same problem. My new device worked for 2 weeks without any issues.
Suddenly it stopped working as described here.

I saw that the device had been connected to my router, light was blue, but the app still reported "no connection".
I did several 30 minutes power-off cycles, without success.
Next day surprisingly the cam connected again in Netatmo Security.
But - in the HomeKit app I still get a "This camera is not responding".

I didn't change anything.
Very strange !

Return to “General questions”