Homekit Secure Video

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
EmptyAir

Re: Homekit Secure Video

Post by EmptyAir »

Hah! The smart video doorbell is full of bugs. Video stream does not work or is loading ages before showing anything. Recording is unusable, because records starts way to late.
I am pretty sure that all such things can ONLY be solved by using HomeKit Secure Video, because than there will be a continues video stream handled by HSV, stored in iCloud with a way better detection - and none of them will be handled by netatmo software, because it is handled by the local iOS devices in your network.
So has hard as it may be to believe: HSV is from my point of view the only way to get a useable, reliable product out of Netatmos Smart Video Doorbell, otherwise it is just a good looking, dumb doorbell, which will eventually record a visitor a few moments after they have decided to leave.
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

Again a new firmware update without HKSV? Maybe Netatmo should open up the beta program for more testers?
lew1984

Post by lew1984 »

How did you get the firmware update? I assume it’s not rolled out to all regions yet? I’m in the UK.

The doorbell chime on the doorbell itself is welcomed addition.

As for HomeKit, I’m confident they’ll roll this out eventually - although I do still have trust issues after Eufy changing their minds :roll:
Hemmik

Post by Hemmik »

lew1984 wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 17:17 How did you get the firmware update? I assume it’s not rolled out to all regions yet? I’m in the UK.

As for HomeKit, I’m confident they’ll roll this out eventually - although I do still have trust issues after Eufy changing their minds :roll:
I don’t have it yet, but I read the change log at the top of this forum
lew1984

Post by lew1984 »

Hemmik wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 19:32
lew1984 wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 17:17 How did you get the firmware update? I assume it’s not rolled out to all regions yet? I’m in the UK.

I don’t have it yet, but I read the change log at the top of this forum
Ah ok! Should roll out soon then? 🤞🏼
mpjalexander

Post by mpjalexander »

Now we have package detection in iOS 15, there’s even more reason for Netatmo to roll out HomeKit Secure Video!
Xtasy

Post by Xtasy »

So what is the hold up Netatmo? I don’t get why this is rolling out this slow…
av77

Post by av77 »

I don't see it rolling out at all.
Arn18

Post by Arn18 »

+1
loekf

Post by loekf »

Netatmo has more issues. My Security app is now useless, says it can't talk to the camera (no video), still I see live video in Homekit and the app is showing pictures / stills of people it detected.

Stupid thing is when it can't talk to the camera properly, the UI in the app (e.g. for settings) is also not working.

Tomorrow have to try a hard reset.

Return to “General questions”