FTP Not Working Post V91 update

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
bazzer

FTP Not Working Post V91 update

Post by bazzer »

Check your FTP backup recordings if using FTP as Doorbell has stopped working on FTP to my NAS. However my presence camera is still FTPing happily to my NAS with the same settings. Looks like Netatmo has introduced a new bug in this latest firmware.
bazzer

Re: FTP Not Working Post V91 update

Post by bazzer »

Issue resolved. If you have two cameras FTPing to a NAS they must both go to different NAS folders can not use the same folder for both anymore post V91 update.
Nick070

Post by Nick070 »

Hi Bazzer,

I was wondering if you could tell me the pro’s and con’s of using FTP on a NAS. I have a Synology, but I use the SD-card now.

Thanks! ✌🏼
sybren

Post by sybren »

Nick070 wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 07:30 Hi Bazzer,

I was wondering if you could tell me the pro’s and con’s of using FTP on a NAS. I have a Synology, but I use the SD-card now.

Thanks! ✌🏼
A bit of topic, but I use my NAS as a backup. In case someone removes the doorbell for example you still have the footage on your NAS.
- Used to own Netatmo Outdoor Camera
- Used tot own Netatmo Video Doorbell (beta)
- Used to own Netatmo Smoke Sensors (3x)
- Invited to beta test Netatmo door lock, but declined because of (missing) features
- Netatmo Weather Station v4 + Rain Sensor
bazzer

Post by bazzer »

The benefit of using the NAS is that the files are never overwritten especially if you have large drives installed. The SD card is overwritten periodically. Also the file is easy to move around when its in the NAS file structure should you want to copy it or send a video clip to someone
Nick070

Post by Nick070 »

bazzer wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 21:07 The benefit of using the NAS is that the files are never overwritten especially if you have large drives installed. The SD card is overwritten periodically. Also the file is easy to move around when its in the NAS file structure should you want to copy it or send a video clip to someone
Thank you for your quick response! 💯💪🏼

Return to “General questions”