movement detection worse again with V92

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Jefke Peeters

movement detection worse again with V92

Post by Jefke Peeters »

I was very satisfied with the big improvements to movement detection in version V91.
With 92 they make it worse again... Incredible...

Use this doorbell for 6 months. Never worked as it should be... Hopefully Logitech doorbells become very soon available in the EU. I read many reviews of it from the US, worked DIRECTLY OUT OF THE BOX as it should be.

This was my first en very last security product of Netatmo. Will buy other security cams from another brand.

(sorry I had to vent)
Samington

Re: movement detection worse again with V92

Post by Samington »

I agree that the person detection feature as a whole needs improvement. I think the main issue is the delay on recording after motion is detected, as mentioned in other topics. Apparently, this is actually a feature. However, I think it’s an oversight not to include an option to disable or adjust the delay, or not to include some kind of timelapse recording.

Hopefully, this will be rectified. I actually think that this issue is more significant than the current lack of HomeKit Secure Video.

With all that said, I’m happy with the rest of the functionality of the doorbell. It’s just that I would expect better when paying a premium price.
Jefke Peeters

Post by Jefke Peeters »

I think all this will be triggered by a bad controlled (software) motion sensor.
In my HomeKit setup, I use the motion sensor for controlling my front garden lights.

With V91, when someone passes by, the garden lights switched on almost every time. Every time I received the desired message on my iPhone of a passant.
With V92, in the same situation, my front garden lights rarely switches themself on. And so does the message on my iPhone.

When the motion sensor "sees" motion, the recording starts.
bazzer

Post by bazzer »

Agreed person detection was not great with v91 but its got really bad with v92 as doorbell hardly detects anything now. All but useless.

Return to “General questions”