«Missing SD card»

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
thbo

«Missing SD card»

Post by thbo »

I stopped getting notifications today and then later see in the app and home.app that the camera doesn’t work. The app just shows a black image with a (broken) SD card with the message “missing SD card”. Have anyone else seen this and it wasn’t actually broken? Should I screw off the doorbell and just try to wiggle it or could I just order a new one right away?

Four thoughts:

1. The SD card pack on the Netatmo online shop doesn’t say how big the card is. A bigger card will last longer.

2. If this is the life span of it then a lot of early adopters will start getting this around now.

3. Why can’t the camera still function at all without a SD card? A live stream should still be possible. Why couldn’t the Dropbox storage mitigate this? (I know saving and showing would be slower but still). Assuming it also has some volatile memory.

4. Wouldn’t the coveted HomeKit Secure Video mitigate this? There are cameras without local storage that uses HomeKit Secure Video. When is that coming to the doorbell?
thbo

Re: «Missing SD card»

Post by thbo »

... the app doesn’t work because of this, nothing new in the timeline or any notifications, but HomeKit still notifies when someone pushes on the doorbell...
thbo

Re: «Missing SD card»

Post by thbo »

...also what is the screwdriver type called for getting it off the wall again....? Triangle-something?

Return to “General questions”