Google Home / Google Nest Hub / Nest Mini

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
w.taferner

Google Home / Google Nest Hub / Nest Mini

Post by w.taferner »

Firmware v96 made the doorbell available to the Google Home Environment.
I had to reconnect though that the proper scope is available to Google via API.

Two things are possible...

- stream the doorbell to the Google Nest Hub (red light will indicate that someone is watching) -> unfortunately it is like you answer on a phone in the app (only one can answer), you can listen and see, BUT it is not possible to talk to the person :-/
- notify when someone is ringing on all Google Nest Hub / Nest Mini in the house which is kinda helpful

So, thank you for providing at least that for now, but I really hope that the notification approach to answer on the phone ends and it is being replaced with a real video call soon and also for the Nest Hub it is possible to answer like a real video call instead of "Show the doorbell" answers the call without being able to talk which is essential for answering from whatever device you take the call. Take a peak to Google Nest Hello (ok, maybe not available for third party on this integration level, but still way better despite it is b**** cloud stuff only)

Netatmo is loosing me after being quite a big fan to be honest for two reasons...latest bad user experience of their cloud services and devices (especially starting with the promises of their doorbell) and even more that they do not provide a useful local API which would make it possible to turn off the cloud at all or never even need to connect and run it for example on other, most likely, open source software like Home Assistant locally.

Google, Apple, what so ever do not deserve to lock me and my data in in their cloud and every manufacturer who is on this train will be ignored in the future.
bazzer

Re: Google Home / Google Nest Hub / Nest Mini

Post by bazzer »

Agreed unable to stream to an Android TV with a Netatmo doorbell despite enabling on the Google Assistant App unlike the Netatmo Presence camera that does stream to an Android TV (Sony) I wonder if this will be fixed / added???

Return to “General questions”