Doorbell with 220V (Long term stability)???

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
cpb

Doorbell with 220V (Long term stability)???

Post by cpb »

Dear all,

I am getting slowly frustrated with this doorbell.

Following setup:
220V
Existing (and working chime)

1) I can install the doorbell. It starts to run the gong is present. Video is ok. You would say... hey whats the problem :cry:

Then problems start:
1) After a random time period (generally about 5 to 8 days) the doorbell is telling me that it is disconnected (and in the app it shows "connected" and 10 min. later "disconnected")
2) The chime is not working when you press the doorbell - the lights are randomly either white (constant), white (blinking) or red
3) Simply power off (and wait 5 min.) power on will not work
4) Disconnect, power off, wait, power on, full reset of outdoor module with USB cable brings the bell to live again

I was so frustrated that I said "f*ck it" then I use it without Wifi connect just a regular (and expensive) doorbell.

1) Full reset, plugged it in and it started to blink white and the gong is audible. Horray ... BUT after 5 to 7 days the doorbell starts to blink white again and the gong is not audible anymore ... WTF ...

Has anybody any clue how I could improve overall stability of that freaking doorbell? Somewhere in the forum it is recommended to replace the slow fuse to "1A". I did this as well without any change in functionality or behavior.

Any help would be highly appreciated - I am close to call that doorbell junk.

Chris.
Polar Bear

Re: Doorbell with 220V (Long term stability)???

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi, I had almost the same problems. The simple solution was to change the position of my WiFi router closer to the doorbell. Since then it works.
I hope this will help you.

Return to “General questions”