Slow glowing green light -

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
DiePolle

Slow glowing green light -

Post by DiePolle »

Hi,

I tried to install my doorbell this week but after blinking green it's changing to a slow glowing green light and it keeks pulsing green for more than 1 day now.

I understand that my doorbell seems to be broken and I already send a message to Netatmo support. My question: how long does it normally take to get an answer from the support team? Does it take weeks?

Thx
Polar Bear

Re: Slow glowing green light -

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi, I had the same problems.
Just try to make a hard factory reset. You need to connect your doorbell with an USB-cable/power adapter. You will find the "how to" on Netatmos Website.
DiePolle

Post by DiePolle »

Hi. Thx. I already tried but it keeps glowing green also after 2 days connected via USB.

How long does it take to get feedback from Netatmo support?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Did you only connect it to USB or did you preform the factory reset as described and a fresh setup?
Factory Reset
To perform a factory reset of your doorbell, plug it on a powered USB port. Wait for the LED to turn off then press and hold the Reset button with a pin for 10 seconds.
The LED will go from blinking red to solid green.
This operation will erase all data from the product.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
DiePolle

Post by DiePolle »

I can't perform a factory reset because the LED is never off, it keeps blinking/glowing.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

I see, so when you take the Doorbell off the mounting plate and wait a couple of minutes until it switches off and you connect it to USB, it restarts and goes straight to the glowing state?

If so you could try the procedure anyway, but I guess you already did.
In that case I would recommend contacting the reseller and ask for a replacement, because the device seems to be bricked.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell

Not a Netatmo employee
DiePolle

Post by DiePolle »

Exactly I already tried it - still in glowing state.

I bought it directly via the Netatmo shop - and now I'm waiting since 2 weeks for a reply. Is there a phone number I could call?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

Sorry, not that I‘m aware of. You either have to open a support ticket or try to reply to the initial order confirmation.

Not a Netatmo employee
Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Polle
If your LED still glowing green after the factory reset or to reset is not even possible: Sorry, your door bell is defective an needs to be exchanged. I had the same problems and this is the ticket feedback from Netatmo:

Thank you for your message.
According to your feedback, your device appears to be defective and needs to be exchanged.
If you have bought the product through a reseller, he is your privileged contact for after-sale service. Please contact them directly and they will deal with the matter
If the reseller cannot exchange the product, our policy is to honor the warranty however when the product was purchased from a reseller, customers are responsible for the freight charges of the defective unit to Netatmo.
In order to arrange for a return if the reseller cannot or if you bought it on our online shop, could you please reply to this message with the following information ?
• The serial number of the device starting by a "g"
• A copy of the original invoice
• Your full name
Have a great day and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions,
pnuding

Post by pnuding »

Got one like this from Amazon like this as well. I'm still waiting for the Netatmo service reply.
But if it's anything like the one above I'll return it to Amazon and wait for the other brand I was originally hoping to reach Europe.
IMO this is way too expensive for dropping the ball on quality and customer service like this. Do they expect us to live without a door bell for weeks on end if something goes wrong with it?

Return to “General questions”